Hi All,

We have a customer who is looking to purchase PaperCut MF so I went down to the site and installed PaperCut. The problem that I am currently having is that the machines are currently managed by Equitrac and I believe this is stopping me from managing the devices correctly.

I have tested PaperCut to be working fine as I used an embedded licence on a Konica Minolta device that the school currently has without any issues at all. I spoke to PaperCut and they are suggesting that the machine is the issue and it may have something to do with Equitrac or the way that the machine is configured to allow Equitrac. Their response was that I should factory reset the device and try again.

I am no Xerox guru as I am working and trained on Konica Minolta and Toshiba so I am a little concerned by simply factory resetting a device that I don't know.

Could someone out there let me know exactly what the factory reset actually resets and if this is something that needs to be done within Service Mode or Administrator mode. I know on the machines that I service that machine initialization is done via Service Mode but have no idea when it comes to Xerox's.

If it is a service mode thing and you are comfortable in telling me the procedure, along with what the reset actually resets, then I ask that you PM me the method for service mode rather than platering it all over the forums.

Regards,

Owl