Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    GaryGrenier9

White lines on Black and Red. WC7535

Hi all.

There are white lines when printing full sheets of single colors. The blue and the green are solid and even. The black and the red have identical white lines. Transfer belts and drums have been replaced. After replacing the drums, the regular color prints look OK, but the lines show up on the solid print. Any ideas?

I tried to upload a PDF of the four colored pages, but it failed. Not sure why. I'm new here...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: White lines on Black and Red. WC7535

Are these test patterns? It looks like they are composite prints. If so print one each of Yellow, Cyan, Magenta, and Black.

Then trouble shoot the effected color.

Deletions are one of two problems, either the ROS (laser unit) is dirty or you have a blockage in the developer unit. A fine deletion line typically indicates the developer. If so its a very easy fix.

Good luck!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

This machine uses a LED array in place of a laser units. I've never seen one go bad yet. Located under each of the 4 drums are the cleaner bars for the LEDs. Pull them out and slide them back in to clean off any toner dust build up on the LEDs. If this does not help, its likely to be blockage inside one or more of your developer units. The doctor blade inside the DV housing limits the amount of developer that sticks to the mag roller. If a chunk of toner or foreign object gets lodged on it, it will leave a bare band on the mag roller where no developer appears. This translates to a void line on prints going from lead to trail edge for that color developer.

The best way to test what developers are having trouble is to select single color copies from the image quality settings and make a single copy of black, cyan, magenta and yellow. Leave the ADF up and take a "sky shot".

You may have luck dislodging what is stuck in the DV housing but you might have to clean it out and fill it with fresh developer.

Keep in mind, this is not a quick and easy job to remove the DV housings. If you don't already have one, i'd advise you to get a copy of the service manual.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

try clean the lph first the led