Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

WC5745 Does not show toner level

Hey folks,
    I'm guessing I missed something. On 2 WC5745 machines I work on, the toner level shows no reading on the percentage of toner left. I know there is no actual sensor that determines the amount left in the bottle and that when you install a new cartridge it starts counting down based on some formula it calculates. The customer told me that one day they noticed that it no longer gave them a percentage anymore. When the toner is empty, it does read out of toner and prompts them to replace the bottle like normal. I tested this by running the machine with no toner bottle and making sky shots.

In the admin tools, i checked that toner gauge is on and that they should get a "low toner, order but do not replace until prompted" message. (5 days in advance)

Just to be sure they took, I turned that feature off, rebooted, turned it back on, rebooted, but still there is no reading on the supply screen for toner. It shows the bar for the toner but it is empty and the box under that should have a number displaying the percentage of toner left is blank.

Is there any other admin setting or maybe an NVM that I missed that will turn this feature back on?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    WC5745 Does not show toner level

Re: WC5745 Does not show toner level

On 56xx machine using WebUI /Properties / General Setup / Alert Notification / Local UI Alerts page you can enable or disable toner reorder message. May be on 57xx machine is same.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: WC5745 Does not show toner level

I had the chance to play around with a working WC 5775 today and the option to turn off/on the toner percentage gage is in fact in the admin tools. When I turned off the toner status feature I got the same diaplay as the two WC 5745 that would not display the percent of toner left. This feature was turned on for the two WC 7545 machines and I did turn the feature off and back on again with reboots in beween but it still would not display a percentage of toner left and would never warn that toner was getting low before finally displaying toner was empty.

I suspect this is a software glitch and on my next visit will update to the latest release software.