Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Original1

Workcentre 7132 089-311 Error

I have a 7132 that someone dislodged the white toner shutter on the cartridge when they changed the Toner. Black toner was showing 0% even after a new cartridge.
    I have cleaned the areas around the toner carousel around the front and right hand side
    It was giving a code 092-310 which was cleared but it then gave a very thin image.
    We removed the Developer unit and realigned the blade which appeared to have slipped.
    It gave one test print on which the color was stronger and then began to show a 089-311 error.
    It is now giving a 089-311 error but the patches on the IBC belt are clean and scrath free.

I am looking at page 2-702 of the service manual for the 089-631
    If I excute 042-001 the Main Motor turns but the belts does not, (This is with the Left Cover open and a pencil on the cover sensor)
    If I execute 091-004 the Drum Motor turns the belt.

It gets through the warm up, displays ready to copy, and then gives the fault

Is there something else wrong or is the manual wrong?
    Is there anywhere else it could have dumped toner to the rear of the machine which would be causing the IBT unit to jam?

I have a service manual which is a January 2007 revision
    Any ideas?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Workcentre 7132 089-311 Error

Quote Originally Posted by Original1 View Post
    It gave one test print on which the color was stronger and then began to show a 089-311 error.
    It is now giving a 089-311 error but the patches on the IBC belt are clean and scrath free.
    Everything is fine but who read the patches ?
    Clean the sensors from Sensor Bar Assy.

Original1

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Everything is fine but who read the patches ?
    Clean the sensors from Sensor Bar Assy.
    I did that already when I removed the IBT Assembly to check the belt, I removed the sensor bar and cleaned it.
    I also changed the IBT Belt Cleaner

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Run 91-004, 91-005 with left cover open and cheated and watch the ibt belt moving and ibt belt patch.
    Check again the sensors and sensors wires, remove the ibt belt assy and reinstall it to be sure everything is ok.

Original1

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Run 91-004, 91-005 with left cover open and cheated and watch the ibt belt moving and ibt belt patch.
    Check again the sensors and sensors wires, remove the ibt belt assy and reinstall it to be sure everything is ok.
    Been there, done that, still no joy.

Could the IBT unit be binding in any way?
    The belt drive seems to run freely
    The cam that takes the Belt cleaner away seems OK
    The cam towards the left of the machine feels a stiff but its pushing against 2 fairly substaintal springs

Is there a way the IBT Assembly can be out of sync with the other drives?

Original1

Found this in another post

Quote Originally Posted by leoace View Post
    **EDIT

Found the eureka Tec Tip about the IBT Belt drive roll bearing wich is kept in place by a simple rather thin metal plate wich can be deformed sometimes. This causes squeeky noise and can cause a bad /loose contact between drive roll and drive dock at the backside in the machine. We carefully pulled the metal back to its position to reduce / remove the free space. We also decided to replace the 2nd BTR Roller since its far from beeing good and may cause problems with the new IBT Belt unit.

At the moment, machine is working.

Can anyone tell me where this is located?
    Have manual so just point me to the correct page

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Check the photo atached in Eureka Doc#1052667!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

so i have few unit having the same problem replace the ibt belt slove the problem good luck....

I solved this problem on Xerox 7132. The problem is that when the device starts, the positioning of the transfer belt does not occur. In my case, over time, the tape began to shift to the edge of the transfer unit and the tags on the tape did not align with the sensor on the block. I tried several times to disassemble the image transfer unit, cleaned the rollers and tape, but after 2.3 copies the device again gave an error 089-311. Since the time of 12 years of work, the tape has stretched a little and has constantly begun to crawl to the edge. I disassembled the image transfer unit, turned the tape over and pasted two strips of aluminum adhesive tape on this edge opposite the original tags. I assembled the node launched the device. The tape does not slip, the error is gone

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goshik26 View Post
    I solved this problem on Xerox 7132. The problem is that when the device starts, the positioning of the transfer belt does not occur. In my case, over time, the tape began to shift to the edge of the transfer unit and the tags on the tape did not align with the sensor on the block. I tried several times to disassemble the image transfer unit, cleaned the rollers and tape, but after 2.3 copies the device again gave an error 089-311. Since the time of 12 years of work, the tape has stretched a little and has constantly begun to crawl to the edge. I disassembled the image transfer unit, turned the tape over and pasted two strips of aluminum adhesive tape on this edge opposite the original tags. I assembled the node launched the device. The tape does not slip, the error is gone
    Thread dead for 6 years