Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    WC3550 False duplex jam error

Hey all! I need your input on a WC3550 that keeps throwing false duplex jams...it states there is paper in the duplex section when in fact there is not. I just about tore the whole copier down and can only assume its a faulty sensor...your input is appreciated. Thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Exclamation Re: WC3550 False duplex jam error

Capture.JPG

Hi the main problem for wc3635 and wc3550, when copier is showing that Jam is in duplex is the broken duplex sensor lever (see in attached image red circled part). Change the lever and problem will be solved.

Technician

Re: WC3550 False duplex jam error

Quote Originally Posted by zeeeba View Post
    Capture.JPG

Hi the main problem for wc3635 and wc3550, when copier is showing that Jam is in duplex is the broken duplex sensor lever (see in attached image red circled part). Change the lever and problem will be solved.
    Hey zeeba thanks for the input! That sounds like the main suspect.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SDtech619 View Post
    Hey zeeba thanks for the input! That sounds like the main suspect.
    Sooo...I cannot find exactly where that flag sensor is located. Can you please give me a general idea to where im looking at? and the difficult level of replacing? Thx again!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Sory but now I dont have this machine type in office. But today in the evening I will try to explain how to easily find this lever

Technician

Thumbs up Re: WC3550 False duplex jam error

@zeeba...YOU THE MAN!! I found the duplex sensor, it was buried behind the bypass on the front side that needed to be removed. My issue was indeed what you said it was...it was broken. Thanks alot!!

C-zar

Quote Originally Posted by SDtech619 View Post
    @zeeba...YOU THE MAN!! I found the duplex sensor, it was buried behind the bypass on the front side that needed to be removed. My issue was indeed what you said it was...it was broken. Thanks alot!!
    I have the Same problem, but can't find the sensor.... Could you please post a picture of where I can find it?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by C-zar View Post
    I have the Same problem, but can't find the sensor.... Could you please post a picture of where I can find it?
    Hey C-zar,
    to help you get started you will need to remove the bypass assembly. To do that, you will have to remove the front cover and I believe one of the side covers. Once the bypass assembly is removed you will see a semi long roller on a D shaft...that will also needs to be moved out of the way by removing the gear pack. Then you will see a little cover that will need to be removed with a small flathead screwdriver... Ill try to get you a picture but you really just need to roll up your sleeves and start digging. Not that bad to do. Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi, I'm use little bit easer way to remove duplex lever sensor. Remove paper cassete, remove DADF, remove duplex unit, remove toner cartridge. Lay the machine on the back. Remove pickup roller, remove pickup roller axis, remove two screws and remove two white transport rollers assy. then unscrew two screws on the right side and remove plastic plate . And then in the centre you will see the levers assy that simmilar with I'm attached in another post . Good luck.

fozzyme

Cool Re: WC3550 False duplex jam error

Quote Originally Posted by zeeeba View Post
    Hi, I'm use little bit easer way to remove duplex lever sensor. Remove paper cassete, remove DADF, remove duplex unit, remove toner cartridge. Lay the machine on the back. Remove pickup roller, remove pickup roller axis, remove two screws and remove two white transport rollers assy. then unscrew two screws on the right side and remove plastic plate . And then in the centre you will see the levers assy that simmilar with I'm attached in another post . Good luck.

wow man! It was just that! thank you so much from here in Rio de Janeiro !! hugs.