Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

WC 5855-5890 software

There has been a lot of software problems with the new 58xx machines. Just a heads up, the newest spar dated 3-10-14 (071.190.034.06000) has a glitch that will cause random pages to print with dark background if you turn on the "Auto Background Suppression" feature. (seems to be working in reverse). Copies made off the glass look fine but through the ADF you will get random pages that have a lot of background on them on both sides (and this ADF is a single pass, it scans the back with a 2nd CIS scanner built in the ADF). I wasted a few hours yesterday before I figured that one out.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    WC 5855-5890 software

Re: WC 5855-5890 software

The SPAR versions is for fixing specific problems not to use for general machine.
    So is good to have latest general software release on the field machines and load the SPAR where you really need it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: WC 5855-5890 software

While that is true is some cases, the spar I'm talking about is what they are working on that will eventually become the next general release. Its been through a number of versions since the last general release. The current general release has too many problems to use.