Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jkloepping

Xerox WCP C3545 NVM issue

I have a C3545 that had a dead NVRAM batt (0.1 volts). I bought a replacement from Digikey, and managed to get the unit working again with the diagnostic software. However, I am left with two issues: first, all the counters for the consumables are now reset, so I have no way of knowing the remaining life on anything. Any way to recover that info?

Second, the machine now seems to have no optional software installed, where before it had the scan to network feature. Does this have something to do with resetting NVRAM, or is there another explanation?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Xerox WCP C3545 NVM issue

Unless you have an NVM data file that was created before your battery died, there is no way to recover it. I'm not exactly sure on a C3545 but I would guess that the missing options need to be reactivated to function again after a total NVM data wipe. Some machines require activation codes that should be on a sticker attached to the back of the machine while other machines require the insertion of a sim card that would be stored in the machine. Check inside the paper trays. There might be a small cover you can pop open that holds these cards or other important papers such as the default NVM settings for your particular machine when it came from the factory.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You need to reinstall machine software or upgrade machine software.

jkloepping

The problem is, I have no software to install. I searched the machine and didn't find a disk or stickers that looked like activation codes. This is the current setup info from the web browser side:

System Software Version: 0.1.4.44
    Net Controller Software Version: 03.04.044.01
    UI Software Version: 0.1.4.43
    IOT Software Version: 9.0.2
    Scanner Software Version: 1.3.0

jkloepping

Is it possible to get the activation codes again by contacting Xerox with my serial number, or does someone out there have a copy of the NVRAM for my software version?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jkloepping View Post
    Is it possible to get the activation codes again by contacting Xerox with my serial number, or does someone out there have a copy of the NVRAM for my software version?
    This machine dont have any activation code.
    Into the back controller you have 2 or 3 electronic device coloured red ,green or blue named SOK's
    This electronic device is hardware coding your options.
    I presume some nvm's on to machine are wrong and this devices is not read so you dont have the scanning options. When you reinstall or upgrade the software most of the nvm's will be reset to default.
    What serialnumber is on the net controller - TNG xxxxx, TNH xxxx or THK xxxxx ?
    Send me mail at stoadis@gmail.com, may be I have the software version you need.