Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: xerox 700

bizdeals

xerox 700

Hi, can anyone help?
    I am trying to connect my 700 up to my network. Do i need to use a coaxial cable ? is this there as a normal network cable?
    the grey area on the network scanning and webservices icon is greyed out, i have a normal internet cable connected from the machine to the router. The technicians (none ofwhich have xerox 700 experience) thinks the bustle fiery is faulty but i am not sure.
    thanks.phong

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: xerox 700

i am not an expert, but with my 7775 using fiery server, the cable that goes to the fiery is going to be a crossover network cable, and then a regular network cable from the fiery to router. hope this helps

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bizdeals View Post
    Hi, can anyone help?
    I am trying to connect my 700 up to my network. Do i need to use a coaxial cable ? is this there as a normal network cable?
    the grey area on the network scanning and webservices icon is greyed out, i have a normal internet cable connected from the machine to the router. The technicians (none ofwhich have xerox 700 experience) thinks the bustle fiery is faulty but i am not sure.
    thanks.phong
    Hi,

I've a lot of experience with Xerox 700 machines, first let me tell you that, the xerox 700 machine itself has a network port which should be connected to the fiery through a crossover network cable, the fiery has two network cable inputs usually identified as net and scan, the crossover cable caming from the machine goes to the scan inlet, and a regular network cable should be connected from the net inlet on the fiery to the router or netowrk node.

If, your network scanning and web applications icons are grayed out, means that you don't have connected a crossover cable from the fiery to the machine, or if you are sure that the crossover cable is correctly connected, then the fiery is not booting up correctly.

best regards,

bizdeals

hi , do you mind looking at this photo. it looks like it has all been connected up correctly.
    that was the way it has been :
    I have been given varying explaination by the tech here.
    1. They need to input the activation code
    2. The Bustle fiery needs replacing
    3. My theory is it is not wired up and configured/installed properly on the network.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox  700

Not good.
    The white ethernet cable ( crossover cable ) must be connected in the upper Fiery ethernet port - near the power cord. At the printer end it's corect. Where it is connected now you must hook the network ethernet cable (switch or router ).
    Also check the service switches - must be on OFF position.
    What code appear on led digits display ?

bizdeals

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Not good.
    The white ethernet cable ( crossover cable ) must be connected in the upper Fiery ethernet port - near the power cord. At the printer end it's corect. Where it is connected now you must hook the network ethernet cable (switch or router ).
    Also check the service switches - must be on OFF position.
    What code appear on led digits display ?
    thanks so much for this. I will try rewiring it the way you say.
    originally it did show the number 13 in the counter boxes, but now it just says 00 now.
    Do you have skype? i can pay you for remote help setting this up ---do you take credit card?
    thanks. Phong