Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Momentum

Xerox 242 - White grooves scratched into the toner across paper.

CCF08192014_00000.jpg

I have a groove being scratched into the toner at some point in the machine. Switched toner and fuser, but still there. Any help with what to replace or search for?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox 242 - White grooves scratched into the toner across paper.

First check do you have problem on all colors.
    Then do a hard stop to see is your problem on belt or not.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Looks like you may have something stuck to the metering blade in one of the developer units.

1st, make a full page test of single color to determine what developer unit is the problem.

Print a solid black, cyan, magenta and yellow.

If the same pattern shows up on 2 or more colors, its something else.

If only one color shows this pattern, inspect the developer unit. You should notice that you have a blank area on the magnetic developer roller. The metering blade that limits the amount of developer that sticks to the magnetic roller has a build up on it and is blocking any developer from sticking to the roller in that area.

You may have luck with removing the developer unit and using a thin gaping tool or even a thick sheet of paper and swipe it back and forth between the magnetic roller and the metering blade (above the roller). If the problem returns or just moves to a different location on the roller, you may need to install fresh developer.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It looks like you might have a label stuck somewhere in the transfer belt assembly.

Momentum

I think all of you who responded had fantastic input which helped solve the problem. After running all of the recommended tests, I found that it was happening in same spot, no matter what color was isolated. I finally figured out how to remove the developer unit, and low and behold........there was a small sticker that was stuck to the gold bracket/blade/thingamagig that is on the bottom of the developer unit. Removed sticker, replaced developer unit, and worked like a charm. Thank you so so much for the great advice!!