Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox Docucolor 700 error code 027-741

My machine starts up, does not print the start up page, and will not print. I can make copies, but no printing. The code says "Unable to connect to the job template server. Ask the network administrator to check the network or server.". I have changed the cable and rebooted the PC, Printer and Modem. Nothing worked. I read somewhere else that it is the 2nd BTR. Do I really need to change that?

Update: changed the 2nd BTR, did not fix the problem. Changed the cables, still not working. Any ideas?
    Last edited by uneek722; 08-30-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox Docucolor 700 error code 027-741

Re: Xerox Docucolor 700 error code 027-741

This error code means your bustled Fiery or Creo network controller do not communicate with the machine.
    Check all cable from net controller to machine.
    May be also tne net controller dont boot completly and you will need to reload Fiery or Creo software.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    This error code means your bustled Fiery or Creo network controller do not communicate with the machine.
    Check all cable from net controller to machine.
    May be also tne net controller dont boot completly and you will need to reload Fiery or Creo software.
    Is there a way to bypass the fiery? Can I still print without using the fiery?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If you hook the machine up to a pc, you should be able to reach it on ip 100.100.100.101, for the web-interface, trying a manual document submission there might work. No idea if itll actually print, but i used to scan like this (fiery was still connected with the big cable though)

Reinstalling a 700 bustle isnt difficult nor time consuming though, takes like half an hour and a couple mouse clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    If you hook the machine up to a pc, you should be able to reach it on ip 100.100.100.101, for the web-interface, trying a manual document submission there might work. No idea if itll actually print, but i used to scan like this (fiery was still connected with the big cable though)

Reinstalling a 700 bustle isnt difficult nor time consuming though, takes like half an hour and a couple mouse clicks
    I will give the reinstall a try on Sunday (I work overnights and that will be my first day off). If that fails, I will try the ip change. Thanks for the help.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

as i understand it the 700 must have a controller and in your case a fiery which can not be bypassed to print, try to troubleshoot the fiery. any errors pop up when in the fiery tab of the ui and work from there. I would first disconnect and reconnect all connectors and cable from fiery and copier and reboot both it can also be system software of the fiery.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by uneek722 View Post
    I will give the reinstall a try on Sunday (I work overnights and that will be my first day off). If that fails, I will try the ip change. Thanks for the help.

Ok, reinstalled the software for the fiery. Can print, but cannot control the printer - no duplexing, drawer control, color adjustments, etc. What did I do wrong? I will try to reinstall the software on the PC.

The error codes I get when I try to change the properties to print:
    Function address 07104033 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000094) The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly.

Function address 0x101f0698 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.