Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: DC 700 mottle 80gsm stock

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Wilson View Post
    Take a look at the backup roll inside the IBT assy. also. Check the contact points.
    Quote Originally Posted by azehnali View Post
    Have you tried to increase transfer in paper profile settings

As previously posted, Have adjusted transfer voltages through in increments from min to max, Have tested with a complete IBT assembly.
    I think the most notable thing is that the job starts perfectly well and deteriorates over a few hundred sheets.
    Last edited by Nzer; 09-30-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    DC 700 mottle 80gsm stock

"I think the most notable thing is that the job starts perfectly well and deteriorates over a few hundred sheets.[/QUOTE]"

And with only 80gsm of a particular brand? Does it run ok with regular 20lb? Or with heavier than 80gsm? Having a little trouble trying to follow this.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I may have missed something here, and if so I'm sorry about that, but is the cyan drum unit damaged? I know you said the image on the belt was good, and I've never seen this on Xerox equipment yet, but that looks a little like an ongoing bad drum ground or a drum charge failure from what I've seen on other machines.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I may have missed something here, and if so I'm sorry about that, but is the cyan drum unit damaged? I know you said the image on the belt was good, and I've never seen this on Xerox equipment yet, but that looks a little like an ongoing bad drum ground or a drum charge failure from what I've seen on other machines.

Thanks for your response - has had a new drums and bcr hvps - contacts o.k -

This fault only occurs when printing long runs of this set, (8 x 2 sided A3 with this image about A5 size being the only colour within the run the rest black only text)all other runs this cust does are short or heavy coverage. , can print the image in a run of several hundred by itself with perfect image on the 80 gsm stock

Although from what i can see the image on the belt looks good, I believe that the colour devs are being adversely effected with the long running time without toner down and the colour dev tanks turning ( have experienced this DC1000s and know nvms can be changed that alter the IQ adjustments which I think includes a dev clean routine)

I know this is getting long but - I can get the image to come good by stopping and running solid half tones and restarting job, As stated earlier it looks good on Colortech and heavier paper - I think it is just because of the rougher surface of the plain 80 gsm it looks a lot worse.

Maybe on the wrong path but have found limited info on this for 700s - to change nvms 762-396 ,407 - 409 to print dev bands at end of run, and 761-112 Print "dev band decay mid run", this has helped a lot - but not be completely ( now gets some mottle but nowhere near as bad), if any one has additional info on this area I would be interested - possibly how to increase the band time which is set for seven seconds, will be going back and testing by setting the job as a black job and adding the page with colour as an exception as this will stop the colour dev tanks turning all the time.

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

What firmware level are you on the DC 700?

Technician

What firmware level are you on the DC 700?

Technician

Have you tried reloading the IOT software?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You really should upgrade the firmware on your 700. it has had firmware fixes to take care of numerous problems and mottle is one. you are below the 1.1 version and it's up to at least 3.7

Technician

You really should upgrade the firmware on your 700. it has had firmware fixes to take care of numerous problems and mottle is one. you are below the 1.1 version and it's up to at least 3.7
    This is a Fuji Xerox machine it has the latest, I know that Fuji run different firmware and naming to the U.S / Europe machines. - ( have reloaded )
    I am awaiting test results of this job being run on another machine, will post outcome.

Thanks

Technician

Well to be honest if your up the latest software level and reloaded it its an odd one, as said UK is now upto 3.7.
    I have had issues with the ibt belt assembly on these, there is one other thing I have had that's caught me out and that's the clutch for the second btr retract, that's in the main drive, but normally you get faint copies after a run and I think this would happen on all paper, I'll have a hunt on our tips to see if I can come up with anything, I do feel for you I hate jobs like this.