Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Technician

Re: DC 700 mottle 80gsm stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2475 View Post
    Well to be honest if your up the latest software level and reloaded it its an odd one, as said UK is now upto 3.7.
    I have had issues with the ibt belt assembly on these, there is one other thing I have had that's caught me out and that's the clutch for the second btr retract, that's in the main drive, but normally you get faint copies after a run and I think this would happen on all paper, I'll have a hunt on our tips to see if I can come up with anything, I do feel for you I hate jobs like this.
    Have considered the clutch, but I have watched the the front locator disk and even turned it using a screwdriver to make sure it is fully in position, also can run the image causing probs in a several hundred run fine, but as soon as adding the black only pages to the set it goes off during a run, which I think must have something do do with the devs spinning with no toner through, maybe building up a charge? It may also be the reason if the machine is left alone for a long time it comes good?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

if it has the latest version it will say 700/700i on ui when you turn it on otherwise you dont

Technician

If there was no toner In the Dev tank it would bring up a fault, I would be inclined to reload the IOT software if you haven't done so, what fiery has this got? External or bussle?

Is it any job sent does this or just one type of file?
    I have had image quality problems with the c75 and reloading the software fixed this.
    When you changed the Dev tanks did you use 700 tanks or 5000?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    DC 700 mottle 80gsm stock

Nzer, I would be interested to know how you solved the cq issue.
    \
    Glenn

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Nzer, I would be interested to know how you solved the cq issue.
    \
    Glenn
    Have just today managed to have this job run on a J75 with exactly the same results, in that the colour imaged mottled out over the run to an unacceptable quality, funny thing was that the operator of the J75 mentioned that they knew that their machine did this on plain stocks on similar types of print runs and usually had good results with running large b/w with minimal colour runs using plain 80gsm on coated 1 setting.

I did test switching paper type settings originally but only once the image quality had already deteriorated and made little difference

Returned to 700 customer this arvo and ran 70 books before had to stop for the day, all books looked good but not large enough run to confirm, will hopefully run more tomorrow.

Running on coated 1 slows the job considerably which is not a problem for the client, hopefully this is a suitable workaround, will post outcome.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nzer; 10-08-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Technician

Returned to check machine, customer was up to 375 sets - (running 80gsm plain as coated 1) prints looked good - the odd one looked a little mottled but for plain stock certainly acceptable, customer is happy with the quality.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nzer; 10-09-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    DC 700 mottle 80gsm stock

Quote Originally Posted by Nzer View Post
    Returned to check machine, customer was up to 375 sets - (running 80gsm plain as coated 1) prints looked good - the odd one looked a little mottled but for plain stock certainly acceptable, customer is happy with the quality.

Thanks

Slowing the 700 down was the answer?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

seams like it can only be two things
    btr or fuser
    more likely the fuser