Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Chris Bryan

Docucolor 240 bad banding when printing over all colours

I'm a newbie and I've registered to the site in the hope that someone may be able to help. I run a small CD package print and design company and the printer we use is an old Docucolor 240. Since i've had it (2nd hand) it prints very well, but annoyingly when there is any sort of gradient involved, we get bad banding on most colours. some are worse than others probably because it just shows up more. The bands are always in the same place and can change the tone of the colour in this area badly. Please see attached.
    Strangely this does not occur when in photocopy mode.
    PLEASE HELP
    Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Docucolor 240 bad banding when printing over all colours

First you must be sure it is not from machine.
    From service mode you can print the basic CMYK colours at a 30% densities and check if all colours are uniform printed. If here the things are good then you can try to reseat the machine cables, Fiery cables and components inside Fiery. Even you can try to reload Fiery software.

Chris Bryan

Thanks so much for coming back so quickly on this. We believe it is presenting as a software issue. Printing the separate CMYK colours does not give us an issue, it is something to do with the black. As soon as black is involved when printing an image, especially if there is a large area of gradiented colour, this banding shows up really badly in certain areas, all the way along the length of the print. I agree that it would be a good idea to re-install the Fiery Software and this would be a good place to start, but when we were sold the Docucolor we were promised by the vendor that he would send the disc on to us and never did, soon after he went out of business, never to be seen again!!

Even if we did have the disc, I am not sure how you would go about getting it installed onto the Fiery - there are USB connections, do you have to attach a CD drive this way?

Another question I would ask to anyone who can help at this point, is if you have any idea where I might get hold of an install disc for the Fiery? It is version 1.2. Xerox don't want to know as it is not registered with them.

Thanking anyone who can help in advance.

Chris

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have something like that. Send email.