Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Paper jam problem with xerox 5645

Re: Paper jam problem with xerox 5645

It's clear the roller shaft nr. 25 from registration transport dont turn on.
    So remove duplex tray then registration transport and check.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    It's clear the roller shaft nr. 25 from registration transport dont turn on.
    So remove duplex tray then registration transport and check.
    thanks friend. how I can locate exactly the roller nr.25?
    you mean this: 059K60040 ?
    I've already changed it with another one that works. it has worked for other 30 thousand copies and then the problem has come back!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Paper jam problem with xerox 5645

604K55570

xeroxguru

Things to check for is the updated registration clutch the one way drive gears for the vertical transport and there is no binding in the registration rollers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

It would help to know the exact jam fault code (such as 08-151). It does look like paper is being fed up the vertical transport then hitting the registration assembly that is not moving (or possibly not seated correctly).

Does the machine make any irregular noises when it jams? This can indicate a problem with the main drive unit. If the main drive unit is stalling it will not supply drive to the registration rollers and cause similar jams.

A new registration clutch should work fine for 500,000 copies or more. Did you use a new style clutch? It has blue wires not black.

I would start by removing the registration assembly.
    Remove all gears from the rear of the registration assembly and inspect them for damage.
    Remove all bushings from the roller shafts.
    Clean the rollers and roller shafts and inside of the bushings.
    Lubricate the ends of the roller shafts and inside of the bushings (replace any bushings that are worn)
    Remove the top plate of the registration assembly that houses the upper registration roller.
    Clean out the housing for the upper roller.
    Clean the black plastic pieces that apply spring pressure to the roller shaft and lightly grease with plastislip grease as well as the 2 end caps for the roller shaft.
    Reassembly the registration assembly.
    Reinstall the registration assembly.
    Take care to ensure that the small mounting hook on the front left side of the registration assembly is inserted inside the frame cut out so that the unit is not sticking up too high at the front end.
    Take care to rout the ground wire that plugs into the upper registration plate at the front of the registration assembly so that it does not stick out into the paper path.
    This should cover everything in the registration assembly that can be the cause.

Also, inspect the hinges on the left door assembly. If the hinges are cracked, you may not be getting good pressure from the vertical transport rollers to deliver the paper to the registration assembly.

Inspect the 2 sets of rollers in the vertical transport. The drive for these rollers can come loose and the rollers can shift toward the back. This lets the roller bearing at the front of the rollers to fall out of the frame. Shift them forward and back. Try to shift up and down. There should be no up or down play to the rollers if they are seated correctly.

The fact that your bypass try does not feed is interesting too. If nothing above helps, try to figure out why its not feeding, it might lead you to other discoveries.

thanks friends for the answers. I have changed the whole "PL 8:15 Registration Transport", but the problem remains!
    Now I have to do the tests suggested by friend Exok.
    Also according to me is not a problem of clutch, but there is some mechanical problem!
    when the machine jams, it makes a sound as if the rollers rotate but do not take the paper.
    errors that give are: 08-100 and 08-150. But I do not follow these mistakes because, I repeat, I have changed the entire "PL 8:15 Registration Transport"

Technician

I had the same fault yesterday, take the rear cover off the machine, remove waste toner bottle and holder, behind that there is a drive belt, mine had slid of the tensioner and was dragging this drives the registration rollers, but I realised this has it feed from the bypass without issues.
    08.150 was the code registration sensor, what it meant really was the paper was late getting there, didn't mean it wasn't working.

Technician

This was 232 but there similar

hello my friends. I have done all the tests that you have suggested to me. The problem remains!
    All belts work! The only thing that remains is the main engine or some card.
    tomorrow I'll try with a new engine.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

If you suspect some roller is not turning, you can test it with the door switched cheated and using component control in diagnostics.