Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox workcentre 3210 "white vertical line"

Everytime I make copies It has one (about half an inch in width) vertical line from top to end. I changed the toner and drum and it still shows. It does not show when I print using a computer. I just got this copier from a friend and I do not want to throw it away. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem? This is the first time I have used a Workcentre 3210 and am not familiar with the parts.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Xerox workcentre 3210 "white vertical line"

If the white or void line does not show up when you send a print job, you know that the print engine of the machine is working fine (drum/developer, transfer, fuser).

It sounds like you have a problem with your scanner.

The first test is to make a copy directly from the glass, then one through the automatic document feeder.

Do they both have the void / white line?

If you only get a line when fed through the automatic document feeder, i would suspect that you probably have correction fluid streaked on the small scan glass. Lift up the doc feeder lid and look at the small strip of glass to the left of the larger copy glass. Clean this glass off. When copies are made through the document feeder, even a small amount of anything on this glass will show as a full line from top to bottom as the scanner stays still and the paper passes over it. The scanner will be looking through the same small piece of glass for the whole scan. A small spot of ink on this glass will show as a black line.

If you get the while line from both automatic document fed copy and directly off the glass, i suspect you may have a small piece of paper stuck on the scanner under the glass.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    If the white or void line does not show up when you send a print job, you know that the print engine of the machine is working fine (drum/developer, transfer, fuser).

The first test is to make a copy directly from the glass, then one through the automatic document feeder.

If you only get a line when fed through the automatic document feeder, i would suspect that you probably have correction fluid streaked on the small scan glass. Lift up the doc feeder lid and look at the small strip of glass to the left of the larger copy glass. Clean this glass off. When copies are made through the document feeder, even a small amount of anything on this glass will show as a full line from top to bottom as the scanner stays still and the paper passes over it. The scanner will be looking through the same small piece of glass for the whole scan. A small spot of ink on this glass will show as a black line.

If you get the while line from both automatic document fed copy and directly off the glass, i suspect you may have a small piece of paper stuck on the scanner under the glass.
    Thanks,
    I still have the void/white line when making the copies through the document feeder and on the glass.
    I took the glass out and cleaned the scanner but when I tried it it still has that white line on it. Do you think I need to replace the scanner?

Thanks Again

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

img127.jpgimg128.jpgThese are two copies I did with the Copier. The Black one I had the top open and no paper on the Glass.

Were these copies made with your original in portrait or landscape direction? (did you feed the original through the auto feeder long or short edge first?

Well, its definitely scanner related. If there is nothing like a small piece of paper like from a hole punch stuck on any of the mirrors, I would try reseating all connections in the scan assembly (CCD assembly , IIT PWB) especially any ribbon cables.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I made these copies on the Glass...the Glass is almost the exact size as a Letter Size Paper...facing the copier I am setting the paper down on the glass "Landscape" ( I think..LOL)

I will take it apart and check the connections...

Thanks

ekhtsasy

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post

Very great thanks for this words