Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox workcentre 7765 No Magenta?

This one has me puzzled. This 7765 stopped printing the magenta. There are no codes showing. The toner life is 87%. The Drum life is 65%. The Developer unit seems just fine....All gears are fine. The only thing I noticed is that it seems to have an access of toner at the intake area. Anyone run into a similar problem?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Xerox workcentre 7765 No Magenta?

Could be several things.

Is it copy and print or just on one?

Check the image on the IBT belt.

Quote Originally Posted by InterfaceP View Post
    Could be several things.

Is it copy and print or just on one?

Check the image on the IBT belt.
    It is definitely both copy and print. I know how to get to the IBT belt....what should I see there? The image would be on the paper....would there be line of magenta left that was not on the sheet? Hope I don't sound too stupid, I work mostly on Canon machines.

wobm

hard stop the copier while printing (oopen cover) check to see if image is on magenta drum, not sure what model this is as in aus we have diff model numbers

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Was the lack of magenta gradual or abrupt ?

If gradual look for the problem in the toner dispense system or developer augers in the DV housing.

If abrupt, I would suspect the developer housing or developer drive.

If the toner inlet to the DV housing seems to be overly filled compared to the other DV units, you may have lost auger drive in the DV housing causing a backup and not allowing the DV unit to refresh new toner. The developer making contact with the drum will be toner depleted and not able to produce an image. If this is the case, replace the DV housing, install fresh developer and inspect / clean the toner dispenser.

Technician

Hi,

something similar happened to me a long ago, not this exact model, but a DC252. There were no codes and one color was absent.

There is a spring that keeps together the Developing unit and the Color drum, if you can remove the drum very easily, then maybe the plastic yellow guide where you insert the color drum is broken and the spring is no longer making tension and keeping the developing unit far from the drum, so you cannot get any image even if the developer unit drive is working properly, thus you don't get any code.

In order to access these springs you need to remove the black cover that contains the toner inlets to the developer units (3 screws).

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    Was the lack of magenta gradual or abrupt ?

If gradual look for the problem in the toner dispense system or developer augers in the DV housing.

If abrupt, I would suspect the developer housing or developer drive.

If the toner inlet to the DV housing seems to be overly filled compared to the other DV units, you may have lost auger drive in the DV housing causing a backup and not allowing the DV unit to refresh new toner. The developer making contact with the drum will be toner depleted and not able to produce an image. If this is the case, replace the DV housing, install fresh developer and inspect / clean the toner dispenser.
    Thanks will follow up with this information. It was rather abrupt....was running a job and it lost it in a few pages. It appears to have more toner at the inlet....that was my thought, but didn't think about the auger drive....
    Thanks
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by mercadoven View Post
    Hi,

something similar happened to me a long ago, not this exact model, but a DC252. There were no codes and one color was absent.

There is a spring that keeps together the Developing unit and the Color drum, if you can remove the drum very easily, then maybe the plastic yellow guide where you insert the color drum is broken and the spring is no longer making tension and keeping the developing unit far from the drum, so you cannot get any image even if the developer unit drive is working properly, thus you don't get any code.

In order to access these springs you need to remove the black cover that contains the toner inlets to the developer units (3 screws).

best regards
    Will also look at this advice....could well be the problem.
    Thanks
    Eddie