Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alex4alltimes's Avatar

Unhappy Docucolor 250 jams while printing on Label Paper

Hello Everyone!! I have been facing this problem since a long time now without any solution. My Docucolor 250 jams while printing on label paper (also called sticker paper or gumming sheet in our place). I have tried printing on all the settings without success. All other stocks run just fine (even stocks which are thinner than the label also run just fine). I have tried adjusting the nip of the fuser, changed all the paper path sensors, etc. but Label paper just won't print. It gets stuck at the fuser and gets mangled. I fear this may also damage the fuser. I am at my wits end as there is a huge demand for label printing here in our place and I have to print the orders from other places where they charge a lot. Please help me guys!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Docucolor 250 jams while printing on Label Paper

Check with the manufacturer of the labels you are using to make sure they are compatible with your model of xerox. Check with Xerox to find out what brands of labels should be used with their product. All brands of labels are not compatible to be used with all brands and models of copiers / printers. It is much easier to make sure you are buying and using the correct media than it is to buy random media and try to force your machine to accept it.

As you stated, all other media types work properly in your machine so I would suspect the problem to be the labels and not your xerox.

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    Check with the manufacturer of the labels you are using to make sure they are compatible with your model of xerox. Check with Xerox to find out what brands of labels should be used with their product. All brands of labels are not compatible to be used with all brands and models of copiers / printers. It is much easier to make sure you are buying and using the correct media than it is to buy random media and try to force your machine to accept it.

As you stated, all other media types work properly in your machine so I would suspect the problem to be the labels and not your xerox.
    Thanks Exok for replying so soon! I think you are right. But the Label paper used by me (Fasson) is also used by other people in my area who run Docu 250s. They don't seem to have any problems. I actually asked one of them and he said maybe 1 page in 50 caused jams. Otherwise it ran fine.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex4alltimes View Post
    Thanks Exok for replying so soon! I think you are right. But the Label paper used by me (Fasson) is also used by other people in my area who run Docu 250s. They don't seem to have any problems. I actually asked one of them and he said maybe 1 page in 50 caused jams. Otherwise it ran fine.
    Then it is likely the label paper you have is bad. Order some new label paper and see what happens. It might not hurt to order the new label paper from a different distributor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Then it is likely the label paper you have is bad. Order some new label paper and see what happens. It might not hurt to order the new label paper from a different distributor as well.
    Thanks for the suggestion Oiwatech!!! I have done that too. No success. Can it be that the fuser temperature is too high for the label? Maybe it has to be brought down... Please suggest.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

It could be a fuser temperature problem. But to adjust that just for labels would throw off the fusing temperature for all other paper types.
    I was unfamiliar with Fasson, so I checked it out. It translates to Avery in this area, and they are a widely trusted provider of label products here. However, they have products for many varied applications, and so if time permits it would be useful to know the exact specifications of the label paper you are using in case you are merely using the wrong type of label paper for your machine.
    Sorry to keep blaming the label paper, but years ago that was a rather big problem that caused me a lot of grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    It could be a fuser temperature problem. But to adjust that just for labels would throw off the fusing temperature for all other paper types.
    I was unfamiliar with Fasson, so I checked it out. It translates to Avery in this area, and they are a widely trusted provider of label products here. However, they have products for many varied applications, and so if time permits it would be useful to know the exact specifications of the label paper you are using in case you are merely using the wrong type of label paper for your machine.
    Sorry to keep blaming the label paper, but years ago that was a rather big problem that caused me a lot of grief.
    Sorry Iowatech for getting back late! Actually that same paper (170GSM Gumming Sheet) is used by a colleague who also has a Doc 250. No Jams at all. I comprehend my fuser is at fault. I've ordered a new fuser. May be it'll sort the problem out. Another thing I am unaware of (I just want to experiment with the old fuser ). Kindly shed some light. Does the Doc 250 have different fusing temperatures for different stock? If so then which NVM value should be adjusted for the label paper? Another thing I should have informed you earlier that Labels used to run just fine on my machine. Then one day about a year and a half back the ESS assy went bad and I had to replace it. The problem has been bugging me since then. Maybe some values have changed. Just some extra info for you in case the problem lay there. Thanks again!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Docucolor 250 jams while printing on Label Paper

What sw version on colleague's machine and what on your machine ?

Sent from my V3-E using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    What sw version on colleague's machine and what on your machine ?

Sent from my V3-E using Tapatalk
    Hi Adrian! As far as I know my colleague uses a 220 volt machine and I use a 110 volt machine. My software is very primitive. I have not had it updated. As to my colleague I don't know his software version. Is it related to software? Queer Problem....