Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    brownrock

Xerox Workcenter 7132 metered versus sold

I have a Xerox Workcenter 7132 which was given to me.

At one time the machine was metered (witness the code on the black toner cartridge which ends in 317 NOT 318). However, the machine is no longer under contract with Xerox and is mine to do with as I please. As far as Xerox is concerned this machine does not exist anymore.

Now I've run out of black toner and would like to buy toner and refill the cartridge.

As well I know I need to buy a chip.

Finding 'metered' toner and chip is hard, almost impossible.

But finding toner and chip for 'sold' machines is relatively easy.

I read on a post on this forum that I can use 'sold' toner and chip (but there's no going back). Seems almost too easy. Xerox would like to charge me $300 plus to convert the machine from 'metered' to 'sold'

What am I missing?

Is it really just as simple as using 'sold' toner and chip? And if so why isn't anyone I've spoken to (Xerox, toner supply houses, parts suppliers) not willing to tell me so?

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar

Re: Xerox Workcenter 7132 metered versus sold

Quote Originally Posted by brownrock View Post
    Is it really just as simple as using 'sold' toner and chip? And if so why isn't anyone I've spoken to (Xerox, toner supply houses, parts suppliers) not willing to tell me so?
    Itīs as simple as that, just put in a sold toner cartridge X4 (CMYK) and the machine will automatically convert to sold but remember theres no going back. the only way back is a new pagepack pin SimCard for meter toners and that only Xerox could provide.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound