Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Error LL-22 on Xerox 8825 - low volts on TFR I and DET I.

We just replaced the HVPS on our 8825 because we were getting LL-22 and low volts on the TFR and DET leads. Now I am still getting 0.09 VDC on TFR I (spec 0.6 VDC) and 0.6 VAC (spec 1.0 VAC) on DET I leads on the HVPS, which is slightly better, so something else must be amiss. The Corotron is in good shape, clean and all the connections look good. We self-service our machine, so I'm sure there's something we're missing. The prints come out extremely light, and error out after 8 inches of paper come out with LL-22.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Error LL-22 on Xerox 8825 - low volts on TFR I and DET I.

What corotron exactly do you checked? This error comes usually when there is toner in the detack corotron. You can try to disconnect it from HVPS with no harm if you print on normal paper, not blueprints. It will show if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Corder View Post
    What corotron exactly do you checked? This error comes usually when there is toner in the detack corotron. You can try to disconnect it from HVPS with no harm if you print on normal paper, not blueprints. It will show if this is the case.
    Thank you. I got it working, and you're right. I wasn't aware that there's two corotrons. The part I previously cleaned was the corotron that installs on *top* of the black drum. The service manual -I just realized- calls it a Charge "Scorotron."

For anyone like myself that gets this error or doesn't know where the Detak Corotron is, I'm going to document what I did:

• I turned off the power and unplugged the machine.
    • The service manual makes it sound like you access the Detak Corotron from the rear access, and is very vague. You don't access it from the rear. The rear cover accesses the cutter. I noticed in the manual that you can get an LL-22 error from metal shavings from the cutter, so I vacuumed it out.
    • Back to the detak corotron: The Media Transport Assembly drops down when you open the *front* cover. Before opening the front cover, it's a good idea to loosen the screws one or two turns that are holding in the Detak Corotron in place under the black drum. When the Media Transport Assembly is dropped (front door open) the screw is harder to access. The left side is easy to find, with the two leads (orange and green) going to the detak from the High Voltage Power Supply. The screw is just below the leads. Remove the leads and loosen the screw a couple of turns.
    • The left side is found through a trapezoidal hole. Loosen the screw without removing. Open the front door where the paper exits. The Media Transport Assembly will hinge down and allow you to access the Detak Corotron. Carefully remove it without touching the black drum. A sheet of paper between your hands and the black drum would be a good idea.
    • Vacuum out the corotron without damaging the wires.
    • Reinstall the corotron and close the front door. Tighten the screws and reinstall the leads to the Detak from the HVPS.
    • Close the cutter drawer.
    • If the LL-22 error is still occurring, check the voltages on the HVPS leads (page 6-11).

Thanks again for your help. I knew it was going to be something simple.

-Ryan

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMcGowan View Post
    Thank you. I got it working, and you're right. I wasn't aware that there's two corotrons. The part I previously cleaned was the corotron that installs on *top* of the black drum. The service manual -I just realized- calls it a Charge "Scorotron."
    -Ryan
    Glad that it helped And I can add that toner in the detack is a common issue for Xerox 510/8850 when humidity floating, especially in autumn/spring seasons, so you have to do regular checks if your machine have huge amount of daily work.