Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Fiery disc cloning

I see very little reason to actually clone the hdd of a bustled dc 260 rip.
    The reinstall procedure is fast and smooth, and to my knowledge the machine options are not saved on the controller.
    If its slow start by reinstalling the controller, then start looking elsewhere.

If you dont want to mess with your current installation, you can always just take out the old disc, and reinstall on an empty one, if it gives you issues just put the old one back in and its as it was. a new 80gb hdd costs u like 25$

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

to answer your second question, yes ive made several clones of them before, when more than one machine had to be re installed at the same time.
    I usually use either paragon partition master or easeus partition manager, depending on whether i wanna backup 1 on 1 or to an iso file for use later on.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Fiery disc cloning

Hi Daan,
    thank you for reply and info.

I have experience of reinstalling all kind of fierys and systems.I agree reinstall procedure is fast and smooth with CD's. The easiest way for cloning is with fieryclone tool.
    As explained earlier if you didn't enable hot folder on DC 260 it prints on 20ppm speed. It's not slow due to slow system or bad hdd.
    I thought that option was stored somewhere in fiery system, so that's why wanted to make image of entire system, if something goes wrong.
    xcopytech explained that info isn't stored on hdd, so no need for cloning.

Fiery disc cloning

Sometimes is not so easy to reload software on bustled Fiery especially when you use the three software cd's. If one cd go error the you need to restart whole procedure.
    More comfortable is to use usb stick for reloading software for this type of Fiery.
    And is a good practice to have a hdd clone with you when you are servicing Fiery.

Fiery disc cloning

I had bad cd's once and I was out of my country. Since then i have made images and have it on external hdd.
    Once had to change 4 laptops to reinstall software. It was something with ethernet card speed.
    Offtopic