Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: DC250 - belt edge error reoccurs after setting NVRAM

In IO Check enter 042-200 manually rotate the belt one cycle. Watch for the "Value" to go from low to high. On the right side of the IBT assembly is a small black gear just above the larger white one. Insert a screw into the end of the metal shaft protruding from the black gear. This will allow you to rotate the belt.

These are old Videos I made but them may be of some help.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    DC250 - belt edge error reoccurs after setting NVRAM

Re: DC250 - belt edge error reoccurs after setting NVRAM - SOLVED

Just a quick update - thanks for all the help and advise.

When removing the IBT belt, I found that the bearing carrier of the lowest roller was fractured (it's plastic) causing it to be twisted. I epoxied it back in place and the IBT belt now runs true. I also cleaned the belt sensor with an alcohol swab (q tip) and compressed air and the silver reflective piece on the inside of the belt and it's all running fine.

Whenever I start the machine, I can hear the belt running in it's 'home position search' and it seems to take much longer than my other 242, so I just hit the Start button to do a random copy and it then seems to register and behave normally.

I have ordered a used IBT assembly and new belt anyway, but the epoxy repair seems to be holding for now