Docucolor 12 has me baffled

I'm hoping someone can help me with this DC12. I have two machines, one I bought 5 years ago and one I just recently bought. The one I just bought has a very low copy count - 90K. The previous owner had recently moved it from a graphics design business to his home. After moving, it began printing blank sheets. He assumed the drum was the issue and replaced it, but that didn't solve the problem. After moving the machine to my shop, I tried using the drum assembly from my DC 12 that I know was working fine. This didn't work either, but when I returned the drum assembly to my DC 12 it created the same problem. Now I have two machines that print beautiful blank copies. With the front door sensor cheated and the drum assembly removed, I hear a slight crackling sound in the vicinity of the transfer belt. I've gone through my DC 12 service/repair manual to the best of my limited ability but can't seem to resolve this issue. Is it possible to damage a drum assembly by switching from one machine to the other? I am completely baffled...

Thanks so much for any advice anyone can offer,

Steve

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Docucolor 12 has me baffled

Start by preforming a hard stop, make a print, wait for the paper to pull and a moment later open the front door.

Pull the drum and transfer belt out to see if you have an image. I dont have very much of Doc12 experience but the problem may be associated with the drum but likely not the drum.

It is most likely the ROS, check the LVPS.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

check yellow handle which lift ibt belt to drum.
    maybe handle is broken

ISSUE RESOLVED

InterfaceP & xcopytech - Thank you both so much for your replies! InterfaceP - you got me on the right track with the hard stop procedure. In the midst of performing that, I found the broken handle that xcopytech referred to. What I find hard to believe is that the handle on my original DC12 also broke while switching the drum assemblies. That's what totally threw me off while trying to figure out the problem with my newer DC12. All I have to do now is order handles from Xerox and I'll be in good shape. Once again, thank you both very much!

Steve

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Call D&R or Parts drop, it will be cheaper.

Technician

send me a picture - I have 2 dc12 I'm going to scrap and I'll send the the parts for the cost of shipping
    ron/mailstore@cedarst.net