Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    What's the fix for the Java runtime error when trying to configure bustled fiery?

What's the fix for the Java runtime error when trying to configure bustled fiery?

On my DC242 I can configure it locally through the EX260 but how on earth do you get to configure a bustled fiery ( I want to switch off the Start page printing). The web interface works to show you the status but as soon as you try and launch the Configure button, which is a Java app it fails with some sort of "unsigned integer" error - I have tried on Mac OSX and Windows XP so is there an old version of Java that it works with?

Ideas? Anyone else got this to work?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: What's the fix for the Java runtime error when trying to configure bustled fiery?

Download and install patches from xerox web site.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: What's the fix for the Java runtime error when trying to configure bustled fiery?

I have found this solution, but it didn't work for me. I have laptop with Win XP and do all the settings with it.

"Java update that was released shortly after the launch of this Fiery caused a problem that prevents Fiery Configure from launching.
    There is a patch for this as well. If you go to https://liveupdate.efi.com/WebUpdate...b9EF5P1012.PPD and download and install the first 3 patches displayed on the site (PRODID, 1-U8E58, and 1-Z4E66) with a reboot after installing each patch, you will gain access to the Check for Product updates feature in WebTools and you should be able to launch Configure from within WebTools.
    (If you find that you still cannot launch Configure, I find that this can be corrected opening the Java Control Panel, going to the Advanced tab, disabling 'Enable the next generation Java Plugin', clicking OK, and restarting your web browser will correct the problem.) Within Configure, if you go to Server > System Update, you can enable Automatic System Updates.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

You can also access it through Web Services on the UI.

User: admin
    Pass: Fiery.1

I can never get the Java window to load on my laptop. I have found that if you use an External print server
    (i.e. EX260) to access a bustled from the web browser.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks all

I finally fixed it (on the Mac) by disabling the cacheing in Java and reducing the security levels.