Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox 5890 not network scanning

Good day, I am hoping this is a simple fix, I being working on this for a while. The
    network scanning using smb I am getting a log in failure or setup on the error report.
    I know the device is setup properly because I can scan to my laptop using a crossover cable. we have two other xerox mfp 5775 and 5638 that are set up exactly the same way. The firmware same to be the latest 072.190.004.09101. I also tried using an ip address from a working device on the 5890 and that did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mdm

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 5890 not network scanning

Re: Xerox 5890 not network scanning

I dont know if this will help you, but I will explain you my situation with network scanning generally.

I have laptop with Win XP and network scanning working fine on every model. SMB and FTP.
    But when using Win7 there is always problem. You set up properly everything but you can get this message. It could be AntiVirus, Win Firewall....
    I even set up machine to scan, but when customers power off computer and come next day scanning is not working.
    I got tired and now using File|zilla server,FTP. Easy to setup and works great. So it's usually Win7 that makes the problem.
    Like I said maybe not helpfull but this is my situation.
    Good luck...

You could also enable "Scan to Mailbox" (found under services) which scans are saved in a public folder on the hard drive, the user then goes to the web page of the copier and selects the "scan" tab and there they will be able to select the scan and download it to their PC. This is a great method to use. You can create other user folders to scan to and set a password if you want your folder not to be public.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks guys for the the suggestions, I could use those in a smaller environment. But this account
    is high pace. Any suggestion for the current configuration with a server?

Are you trying to scan to Server 2012?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi guys I got the network scan working. Changed smb 139 to 445 and machine work.

Dont understand, but glad that it is working. Thanks for the help.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Well you did the right thing to solve it but i can give you a little bit more information
    Server 2012 has disabled smb v2< logins over netbios by default, only allowing v3> and xerox machines use smb v2 by default on most software releases.
    However server 2012 and up does allow you to skip over the netbios protocol and access the servers smb directly over port 445.

You could also alter the security policies on the server, but this is easier.