Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: xerox 700 wont power on

Hope you are trained on these machines or at least have the service manuals. I would call the dealer or your service rep for futher help or things can get worst. some parts cannot be swapped without changing eeprom's ect. so you have to keep track of exactly what you are doing and follow the repair procedure from the service manual.

below is caution on replacing the MCU PWB from a phaser 790. just giving an example of what the 700 service manual might mention.

Replacement
    CAUTION
    For proper machine operation, order and install a new MCU PWB from distribution.
    Remove the EPROM at location U2 from the original MCU PWB, and install it on the new
    MCU PWB. If a new MCU PWB is not available and you must use a PWB removed from
    another machine, you must remove the EPROM from the original MCU PWB and install it on
    the replacement MCU PWB.Perform GP6 if performance cannot be restored.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Hope you are trained on these machines or at least have the service manuals. I would call the dealer or your service rep for futher help or things can get worst. some parts cannot be swapped without changing eeprom's ect. so you have to keep track of exactly what you are doing and follow the repair procedure from the service manual.

below is caution on replacing the MCU PWB from a phaser 790. just giving an example of what the 700 service manual might mention.

Replacement
    CAUTION
    For proper machine operation, order and install a new MCU PWB from distribution.
    Remove the EPROM at location U2 from the original MCU PWB, and install it on the new
    MCU PWB. If a new MCU PWB is not available and you must use a PWB removed from
    another machine, you must remove the EPROM from the original MCU PWB and install it on
    the replacement MCU PWB.Perform GP6 if performance cannot be restored.

yes i got similar advice on it, i did an eprom swap when doing this, but i didn't power on the working machine for more than 2 seconds, i only wanted to hear the parts start up, once i heard anything start up i shut right down by main switch.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by lion_heart View Post
    Yes ear you are correct. Swapped out the parts and the good machine powered up. I didn't swap the part where the memory chip and processor is and I figured something should be starting up even if they are bad. Will try swap them tomorrow. Also the control panel I left disconnected and still tried to start up. Nothing still comes on, the fan, hard drive nothing makes a beep. Just a green light on the motherboard where memory and processor is
    Have had this kind of problem before and found ESS pwb to be at fault, have read in searchlite it can also be A faulty Ess memory dimm, at least it is nice and easy to swap and test as slides out alltogether

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nzer View Post
    Have had this kind of problem before and found ESS pwb to be at fault, have read in searchlite it can also be A faulty Ess memory dimm, at least it is nice and easy to swap and test as slides out alltogether
    Thanks for input had a tech come in yesterday, he was trying his best and couldn't figure it out. I didn't swap that as yet will try swap that. Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nzer View Post

had a next xerox tech come out just to run the tests, all the voltages are right, and he said it can only be like you said either ess pwb. or ess small chip. but now i have to ask a question on this, because this part had him confused as he never did this before. HE said whiles reading GP-4 one cannot replace two of the three at the same time otherwise it would kill the machine. so he suggest that i ask what's the best way of swapping these two out, can anybody give suggestions? also he said to ask if the eprom affects this process also because it says ess or eprom (need to know if to switch the two eprom and small ess or just one) if that relates to the not changing two at a time. need suggestions as to best way to try to swap. thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox 700 wont power on

If he is a xerox tech is good to read and follow the edoc procedures mainly from chapter 4 chain 3.
    If he's not it's your assuming risk.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

So you had two xerox techs out to help you and they are telling to ask for help. the second tech should have been aware of where you stand in the troubleshooting process and he should have been prepared before he came out. and what, a xerox tech who never replaced a engine pwb. i guess you have to call him only when you need to replace feed tires, that is rediculous. i found a xerox machine with an ess pwb and the replacment procedures. It is pretty straight foward as they are just warning to change one eeprom at a time so that you would not get them mixed up. so in that case find a way to mark the two original or how many there are on the original board and put them on the replacement board. so essentially DO NOT GET THEM MIXED UP. download th pdf file and NOTE it not from a 700. It is just the procedure on how to replace it on the 790,and most likely it is the same for the 700. The part to change the language code i won't do as the board you are using already is from your destination.
    Maybe someone has the page from a 700 service manual on the procedure.

http://www.soft-manufaktura.ru/manua...lor%202006.pdf

page 264

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    So you had two xerox techs out to help you and they are telling to ask for help. the second tech should have been aware of where you stand in the troubleshooting process and he should have been prepared before he came out. and what, a xerox tech who never replaced a engine pwb. i guess you have to call him only when you need to replace feed tires, that is rediculous. i found a xerox machine with an ess pwb and the replacment procedures. It is pretty straight foward as they are just warning to change one eeprom at a time so that you would not get them mixed up. so in that case find a way to mark the two original or how many there are on the original board and put them on the replacement board. so essentially DO NOT GET THEM MIXED UP. download th pdf file and NOTE it not from a 700. It is just the procedure on how to replace it on the 790,and most likely it is the same for the 700. The part to change the language code i won't do as the board you are using already is from your destination.
    Maybe someone has the page from a 700 service manual on the procedure.

http://www.soft-manufaktura.ru/manua...lor%202006.pdf

page 264
    yea, he said he didn't did it in years so can't get mad with him for being honest rather than do something and mess it up. also he wasn't supposed to be there, kinda did a side favor as he could get fired from xerox for it. he was there really to point me in the right direction.

got the new board it, synced the boards up fine. powers up, just getting an error 045-315, going to see what connector i probably didn't seat properly on the ROS now.