Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox DC 252 Fiery Hard disk space

Hi, i have this Xerox 252 where the Fiery Hard Disk has a total capacity of 64.1GB. System says 24.9GB and all the jobs, Held and printed are in 0MB already and i only have a free space of 1.8GB.

How do i free up some space on the harddisk? I have a space 37.4GB unaccounted for.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Xerox DC 252 Fiery Hard disk space

The HDD should be an 80GB, the only way to gain more space is to replace it with a larger one and reinstall the SW software.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by vishop View Post
    Hi, i have this Xerox 252 where the Fiery Hard Disk has a total capacity of 64.1GB. System says 24.9GB and all the jobs, Held and printed are in 0MB already and i only have a free space of 1.8GB.

How do i free up some space on the harddisk? I have a space 37.4GB unaccounted for.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks
    Hi,

First try clear server, this action will erase any held print job, any printed job, archived job, logs, scanned jobs. You can do this from CWS log as admin and select from server menu the clear server option.

Also, there is a way to return the Fiery to itīs Factory default state, this will free up space of the hard drive, but, you will loose all the configuration (Printer and scanner), and any patches loaded to the Fiery. You can achive this two ways.

First from the command workstation software (Fiery CWS), you must log in as Administrator, ten you select Configure from the Server menu, this will pop up a new screen with some menus, look for the server menu and select Factory defaults, the reboot the server and reconfigure Network address.

Second, from the Machine Interface, select the all services button on screen, then select the web applications button, you will see several tabs, select configure, you must login as administrator, and you will see at the bottom on the screen the factory defaults button, select and then log out, you will be prompted to reboot server. Afrer reboot you will get the startup page and you will need to reconfigure.

If you reset the server donīt forget to load the patches which you can get from Xerox web page.

hope this helps!!!

best regards.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox DC 252 Fiery Hard disk space

Quote Originally Posted by vishop View Post

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks
    We just ran into the same issue. what seems to be working is:

"If the print is configured to raw, with the queue name of 9100 or LP (or some othe name), the jobs will process and print but clear server will not recover the hdd space as it is looking for those queues. Select printers & drivers, right click on the printer and select properties, click on ports, select configure port, select lpr, in lpr settings enter the queue name of "print" or "hold", then click ok , close, etc."

This info was discovered by one of my techs, and the customer now is able to recover back to only when the driver was modified. To recover the rest, I suppose software has to be reloaded.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Reloaded the System software on the Fiery, we have now the entire remaining space. Xerox tech doubted the harddisk could have been corrupted already thus losing the free space.

Thanks guys