Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

700 print quality

good day, wanting to know how to fix this within the 700, running a creo server, recently had to replace one of the boards, did a clean install of 3.1 software, but my print quality now looks like the one to the left, how do i fix? thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 700 print quality

Is this problem exists when copying or only when printing? If both then looks like your machine needs calibration. If only when printing then maybe your need to look in the print driver settings. And BTW what board exactly you replaced?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Cool Re: 700 print quality

Every color machine of this scale needs setup and calibration. I never seen one of these machines, but i bet you would have to have a scanner calibration sheet or package for reference and auto calibration.
    Here below is a video link for the calibration.

Here is the system admin guide

http://download.support.xerox.com/pu.../en/en_sag.pdf

Now you see what you have done, i hope milo is not mad at me now.

I found these on the web in a very short time. You should have found this on your own, but i like your name " a lion with a big heart ".
    Troubleshooting is detective work in the 21st centruy, you have to prod here, there and everywhere. somewhere lies the answer. [Lieutenant Columbo ]
    Hopes this helps you. let us know

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by lion_heart View Post
    good day, wanting to know how to fix this within the 700, running a creo server, recently had to replace one of the boards, did a clean install of 3.1 software, but my print quality now looks like the one to the left, how do i fix? thanks
    not sure what boards have been swapped but you may have cleared the settings for your ATC settings for toner concentration in the dev tanks, can usually tell if they have been reset by in service mode, max setup, atc setup - if all four colours are of equal value it is likely they have been reset or if you have swapped a MCU nvm pwb from another used machine they will be incorrect for this machine, if your lucky you may still have the Nvm list for original setup of machine, normally stored in front cavity of tray 1 or 2 behind clipped in cover at right side front of tray,

however devs tanks have likely been changed at sometime and will have a sticker hopefully placed on top of of the tank or cover, if not you wil need to get number from sticker at rear right of tank where the sensor wires run in and enter into the ATC values in max setup. Number will be something like 056 etc,

would also also run a procon prints in max setup and calibration.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nzer View Post
    not sure what boards have been swapped but you may have cleared the settings for your ATC settings for toner concentration in the dev tanks, can usually tell if they have been reset by in service mode, max setup, atc setup - if all four colours are of equal value it is likely they have been reset or if you have swapped a MCU nvm pwb from another used machine they will be incorrect for this machine, if your lucky you may still have the Nvm list for original setup of machine, normally stored in front cavity of tray 1 or 2 behind clipped in cover at right side front of tray,

however devs tanks have likely been changed at sometime and will have a sticker hopefully placed on top of of the tank or cover, if not you wil need to get number from sticker at rear right of tank where the sensor wires run in and enter into the ATC values in max setup. Number will be something like 056 etc,

would also also run a procon prints in max setup and calibration.
    good day guys, it was ess pwb that was swapped. the colors TC are different 680 - 682 - 685 - 642, will look futher, did the calibration from the creo and machine

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    700 print quality

First and most important is to make machine calibration from service menu = MaxSetup. Your tech must do that every time a electronic board is replaced.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    First and most important is to make machine calibration from service menu = MaxSetup. Your tech must do that every time a electronic board is replaced.
    thanks looked at maxsetup, i am lost in there, trying to see if i can get a tech to come out, will update you guys, thanks again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    700 print quality

As I said this is a service procedure.]

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by lion_heart View Post
    thanks looked at maxsetup, i am lost in there, trying to see if i can get a tech to come out, will update you guys, thanks again.
    Hi,

You should calibrate the creo server, I haven't seen any creo server on a 700 machine, but I have worked with creo servers on DC 250 and DC 5252, you image is solarized and most of the times I have solved this issue with a simple calibration. In the DC 5252 and DC 250 we used a X-rite DTP34 densitometer, you should find the calibration application in the main screen on the Creo Server. The rutine is very simple, you just need to follow on screen instructions, print the patterns and read the patterns with the densitometer.

hope this helps.

Best regards