Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

xerox wc 5675 df motor making noise jam first copy

Good day everyone I a real good one. We are working on a wc 5675 that the df is making a noise and jamming on the first copy.
    we replace df motor, df board and about to upgrade software. but I wanted to throw out to the master minds on this forum.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: xerox wc 5675 df motor making noise jam first copy

First of all, I am still kind of a noob for Xerox equipment, and as such this could possibly be the stupidest reply you get. I apologize if that is the case.
    Still, have you replaced any of the feed rollers in the doc feeder? It sounds a little like they are worn, and could be making the sound you hear. If time permits you might want to manually engage the sensor that detects documents in the feeder and listen to what happens when you try to make a copy or scan.

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    Good day everyone I a real good one. We are working on a wc 5675 that the df is making a noise and jamming on the first copy.
    we replace df motor, df board and about to upgrade software. but I wanted to throw out to the master minds on this forum.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Is anything seized or dirty?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Have you removed the covers and ran component control in service diagnostics to determine what exactly is making the noise? If its the main DF main motor and a new motor was no help then something must be seized in the drive system. Go through it and clean all bushings, bearings and pulleys. I know the exit rollers on these machines after time turn to goo. They look like black chewing gum on the shaft (just like the rubber inverter rollers tend to do). If that happened it could seize up the drive system.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I agree. You have to separate the top half to get to the 'gooey' roller. I saw this problem on one of mine last week. The customer complained about noises, I replaced the feed rollers, a day later they called me back for the same problem. This time I heard it and realized what happened.