Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Blurry and mis-aligned image on Xerox Phaser 7400

Hi, fellows. I need your help with this Phaser 7400.

After replacing the Waste Toner Auger Assembly I am left with two issues:

First, the images are blurry on the front side and clear on the rear side of the machine. Only the Cyan is clear on both sides, front and rear. I have inspected, cleaned and even swapped the LED heads. It appears as if the LED-heads were not sitting fully on the front side of drum units.

I have cleaned the ADC (Color-registration) sensors, and tested the operation of the shutter selenoid. I even suspected the operation of the Lift-Uplink on the front side and removed it and inspected it to no avail.

Second, the colors are out of alignment. Mis-registration in the scan direction, see picture of PS-Pattern. Only the Cyan appears clear on both sides, front and rear.

I think the colors cannot be aligned because the Alignment Patterns formed on the Transfer Belt are also blurry on the front side of the machine and cannot be read by the ADC sensor. The last thing I tried was to Restore Factory Color Settings under Service Diagnostics. No-cigar.

Thanks in advance for your ideas to this issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Blurry and mis-aligned image on Xerox Phaser 7400

Re: Blurry and mis-aligned image on Xerox Phaser 7400

Quote Originally Posted by BillAgudelo View Post
    Hi, fellows. I need your help with this Phaser 7400.

After replacing the Waste Toner Auger Assembly I am left with two issues:

First, the images are blurry on the front side and clear on the rear side of the machine. Only the Cyan is clear on both sides, front and rear. I have inspected, cleaned and even swapped the LED heads. It appears as if the LED-heads were not sitting fully on the front side of drum units.

I have cleaned the ADC (Color-registration) sensors, and tested the operation of the shutter selenoid. I even suspected the operation of the Lift-Uplink on the front side and removed it and inspected it to no avail.

Second, the colors are out of alignment. Mis-registration in the scan direction, see picture of PS-Pattern. Only the Cyan appears clear on both sides, front and rear.

I think the colors cannot be aligned because the Alignment Patterns formed on the Transfer Belt are also blurry on the front side of the machine and cannot be read by the ADC sensor. The last thing I tried was to Restore Factory Cohlor Settings under Service Diagnostics. No-cigar.

Thanks in advance for your ideas to this issues.
    Did you manage to resolve this?