Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 077-909

Edersonbertoni

077-909

Hello,
    I have 3machines Xerox 4112, one of them with the fault 077-909. I already checked and there is no paper in any part of the machine. But can't reset the fault.
    I already switched the duplex module and it works ok in all the machines, but when Iswitched the drawer where the fuser and the transfer assy is located then the fault goes to the other machines. Already switched the conectors but nothing. Can anybody help with any clue?
    Thank you
    Ederson Bertoni

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: 077-909

Try swapping just the fusing unit to eliminate that. If the jam condition does not follow the fuser then you probably have a very small scrap of paper stuck at the registration sensor. I've had that a few times. If you can't get to the sensor you may need to remove the registration assembly from the drawer assembly.

Edersonbertoni

Machine 1 is the one with the fault.
    it did not followed the fuser. The fuser is working perfect in the other machine number 2, but the fault is still on in the machine number 1.
    I removed the registration and cleaned the sensors I found and still didn't work.
    I was told that this is a kind of generic fault, not in a specific place. Is that wright?

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    Try swapping just the fusing unit to eliminate that. If the jam condition does not follow the fuser then you probably have a very small scrap of paper stuck at the registration sensor. I've had that a few times. If you can't get to the sensor you may need to remove the registration assembly from the drawer assembly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

That's correct. 077-909 is what is referred to as an IOT static jam. That means that the machine was started up in a jam condition. The original jam was never cleared and the machine was probably restarted while still in a jam condition. When this happens, the machine calls a static jam. The problem is that it can be difficult to locate the jam now because it is no longer giving you a specific location.

You stated that when you swapped the drawer assembly that the static jam condition follows the drawer assembly to the other machine. You also said that swapping the fusing unit resulted in the static jam condition staying in the original machine and not following the fuser. There are not too many other areas where your jam can still be in the drawer assembly. There is a sensor you can access mounted under the fusing unit and sensors in the registration assembly (pre-regi sensor, regi sensor, regi skew sensor). Try checking the jam history to see what the last jam was prior to the 77-909.

If you can't determine the last jam code prior to 77-909 you can find out the last sensor that was actuated in the machine's memory by entering service mode and checking NVM values. DC131 NVM 742-003 (IOT sensor chain #) and 742-004 (IOT sensor link #). So if 742-003 = 077 and 742-004 = 111 then you must check sensor 077-111 is working as well as the next sensor that follows it in the paper path.

If both sensors are functioning correctly in diagnostics then check that fuse (F5001) on the AC Drive PWB and the LVPS +5vdc curcuit.

Edersonbertoni

Got to solve the problem!
    I found a sensor in the botom of the drawer, right under the fuser unit,
    I saw it when I removed the fuser. I switched this sensor and it worked. The fault was gone.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Edersonbertoni View Post
    Machine 1 is the one with the fault.
    it did not followed the fuser. The fuser is working perfect in the other machine number 2, but the fault is still on in the machine number 1.
    I removed the registration and cleaned the sensors I found and still didn't work.
    I was told that this is a kind of generic fault, not in a specific place. Is that wright?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    077-909

Quote Originally Posted by Edersonbertoni View Post
    Hello,
    I have 3machines Xerox 4112, one of them with the fault 077-909. I already checked and there is no paper in any part of the machine. But can't reset the fault.
    I already switched the duplex module and it works ok in all the machines, but when Iswitched the drawer where the fuser and the transfer assy is located then the fault goes to the other machines. Already switched the conectors but nothing. Can anybody help with any clue?
    Thank you
    Ederson Bertoni
    What others error codes machine display ?