Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: dc 260

Technician

dc 260

I have a customer with a Docucolor 260 with external EX260 Fiery which got zapped and had to have the Motherboard replaced. It boots and tries to connect to the machine, spits out a config page but won't go any farther and shuts itself down . Fixing the print engine is a piece of cake but not familiar with this aspect. Any thoughts? I should add it's when the Command Work Station fails to log on, it shuts down.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: dc 260

EFI Fiery software is very sketchy, if you breath on it to hard it will become corrupted. I would do a software reload.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The motherboard you replaced, did you order it from xerox? (pulling one from another EXP 260 works too). Or did you order one from somewhere else? xerox has some custom bios flashed on the mobo so any other board than a xerox one will just shut down, or never even come online.

I agree with interfaceP though, try re-installing the controller first, replacing a mobo is a major change.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Make sure you DO NOT replace the motherboard AND the hard drive at the same time! Just replace 1 or the other.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Wilson View Post
    Make sure you DO NOT replace the motherboard AND the hard drive at the same time! Just replace 1 or the other.
    Hey milo, could you elaborate a bit on this? does it save some kind of codes on both and then mirrors them later?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Fiery motherboards have encryption chips that may together with the hard drive.
    If you were to replace both at the same time, you wouldn't have a working server anymore.

Technician

This was on the back burner for awhile. Sorry so long getting back. We did NOT buy a Xerox MoBo, so I guess $400.00 down the drain but have since hooked another Fiery to it and all is well. Probably just keep old server in case I ever decide to find a proper MoBo or for spare parts. Thanks for all the input.