Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox 550 heavyweight fusing

I have a 550 that is doing my head in as it is not properly fusing. As with all fusing issues it is more apparent on full coverage but in essence it is behaving like the fuser is either not getting warm enough or the substrate is going though too quickly.

If I take out the fuser and put it in a 250 (I don't have any more 550's available) then it works perfectly. Normally I would look at the temperature settings in the NVM's but I do not know what the NVM's are for the 550 as I don't have the software download tool to translate them.

I have reinitialised the NVM's and restored them to their factory defaults to no avail.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Xerox 550 heavyweight fusing

Run a ProCon in/out and check the values of the measured and the target. The C,M,Y should be within 25 and the K within 50. You may have an over tone problem. I would also recommend preforming a calibration, in particular after you do any toner adjustments.

Thanks, I've checked that. It is a long time since somebody looked at this machine so I have changed 3 drums and a dev hsing and did all the calibration and max setup then.

This this is almost certainly something to do with the fuser not getting hot enough as I have now measured the print time and it is definitely running at the right speed.

Going back to my DC12 days, you could change the fuser temperature with the NVM's (in fact if I remember rightly I had a cheat sheet for it), but since some brainiac at Xerox decided that PWS Diagnostics was not a good idea and there is no NVM table in the EDOC I do not know where to start looking on the 550.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 550 heavyweight fusing

Are you familiar with ghosting problem on DC 250 series? There is problem with 1st BTRs that cause overtone and fuser cant fuse well. There are NVM values that have to be changed to correct this problem. Not sure if this was your problem, just hint.
    I could send you these NVM values but not sure if its the same on C550, since I never had this problem on C550.
    Also, you could post some pictures, and tell us is it on all colors.