Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Communication DC-6060 / PWS - PWS Tools

In order to project the use of the PWS diagnostics on my dc-6060,

Is there someone who can tell me what type of connection it has and where to look the connector on the dc6060 ?

and why should it connect a laptop rather than its SPIRE server?

Thanks a lot

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Communication DC-6060 / PWS - PWS Tools

Re: Communication DC-6060 / PWS - PWS Tools

Creo server is the RIP using for printing
    Pws laptop is a tool used for machine diagnostic.
    In a service manual is a procedure for connecting pws laptop to machine using a serial cable.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Creo server is the RIP using for printing
    Pws laptop is a tool used for machine diagnostic.
    In a service manual is a procedure for connecting pws laptop to machine using a serial cable.
    Ok, but the question is: why we do not install PWS on the creo server, we have free space on the 2 hard disks ?

Can i have a copy of the service manual or of the procedure

I take a look on my DC-6060 i didn't see any connector where to connect usb, db9, db25, etc connector

I still need your help, so please continue to help me...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fethi View Post
    Ok, but the question is: why we do not install PWS on the creo server, we have free space on the 2 hard disks ?
    Send a mail to XEROX Headquarters and ask there !

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Can i have a copy of the service manual or of the procedure

I take a look on my DC-6060 i didn't see any connector where to connect usb, db9, db25, etc connector

I still need your help, so please continue to help me...
    Pws is a servicing program that is loaded on a laptop with service manuals and diagnostics to repair Xerox machines. The PWS program will not load on the Creo server. The serial plug for the DC6060 is a 9 pin plug on the electronic module near where the server plugs in. If you received a copy of the service manual, an edoc, it would be worthless without the pws software loaded first. I don't think there is a hard copy paper service manual for DC6060.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Send a mail to XEROX Headquarters and ask there !

I just evolved whether the 02 systems ( PWS and spire Server) were incompatible or PWS may cause disfontionnement of the Master PC that hosts the color server.

In any case, I located the 02 serial connectors: 9 and 25 pin (next to the DFE)

Quote Originally Posted by xtrain View Post
    Pws is a servicing program that is loaded on a laptop with service manuals and diagnostics to repair Xerox machines. The PWS program will not load on the Creo server. The serial plug for the DC6060 is a 9 pin plug on the electronic module near where the server plugs in. If you received a copy of the service manual, an edoc, it would be worthless without the pws software loaded first. I don't think there is a hard copy paper service manual for DC6060.
    Ok, thank you, that's very clear, I have located the serial connectors: a 9-pin female and a 25-pin male

I'll make the connection maintenance of dc-6060 with a desktop pc containing a 9-pin male connector,

so I need a shema cabling (pin to pin) between 9 pin male (side pc) and 9-pin female (side dc-6060)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok, thank you, that's very clear, I have located the serial connectors: a 9-pin female and a 25-pin male

I'll make the connection maintenance of dc-6060 with a desktop pc containing a 9-pin male connector,

so I need a shema cabling (pin to pin) between 9 pin male (side pc) and 9-pin female (side dc-6060)
    No, you need the laptop with PWS software and DC6060 diagnostic program to connect to the machine with a DB9 male/female serial cable. You can connect a desktop computer using a serial cable, but without the PWS software, nothing will happen. The laptop normally sits atop the machine for convenience of troubleshooting, whereby using a desktop would be very troublesome. When the PWS connects, a special service mode is enabled, the User Interface indicates service mode, the RIP server is locked out, and the laptop controls the machine until diagnostics is exited.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrain View Post
    No, you need the laptop with PWS software and DC6060 diagnostic program to connect to the machine with a DB9 male/female serial cable. You can connect a desktop computer using a serial cable, but without the PWS software, nothing will happen. The laptop normally sits atop the machine for convenience of troubleshooting, whereby using a desktop would be very troublesome. When the PWS connects, a special service mode is enabled, the User Interface indicates service mode, the RIP server is locked out, and the laptop controls the machine until diagnostics is exited.
    Ah, OK ... very good

if i well understand we must have a specific xerox laptop with PWS software to diagnose and eliminate the subsystem fault such as 009-343, 004-332, .... etc

have you an idea where we can have this laptop with all the necessary softs + the serial cable and how much this will cost please,

Thank you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ah, OK ... very good

if i well understand we must have a specific xerox laptop with PWS software to diagnose and eliminate the subsystem fault such as 009-343, 004-332, .... etc

have you an idea where we can have this laptop with all the necessary softs + the serial cable and how much this will cost please,

Thank you
    The PWS is not only used to repair fault codes and clear them. It is also used to manage HFSI (high frequency service items), max setup and many other adjustments, and other repairs.