Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rocky_biskit
    Technician
    50+ Posts
    • Jun 2009
    • 76

    Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

    I have a c35. when making copies, the machine will "hang" for almost 1 to 3 minutes before printing the copy. I just installed a scan belt, which I suspect the customer broke by locking the scanner. They had made mention of the machine doing it before, but every time I showed up, it was printing just fine. After installing the scan cable, and testing machine, it did exactly what the customer said it was doing. Anyone seen this before?

    Thanks in advance!! You guys have bailed me out here a few times in the past!
  • copier tech
    Field Supervisor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Jan 2014
    • 7727

    #2
    Re: Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

    Originally posted by rocky_biskit
    I have a c35. when making copies, the machine will "hang" for almost 1 to 3 minutes before printing the copy. I just installed a scan belt, which I suspect the customer broke by locking the scanner. They had made mention of the machine doing it before, but every time I showed up, it was printing just fine. After installing the scan cable, and testing machine, it did exactly what the customer said it was doing. Anyone seen this before?

    Thanks in advance!! You guys have bailed me out here a few times in the past!
    Disconnect the HDD if it has one (left side behind small cover) & try again, most likely its failing.

    Comment

    • rocky_biskit
      Technician
      50+ Posts
      • Jun 2009
      • 76

      #3
      Re: Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

      Originally posted by copier tech
      Disconnect the HDD if it has one (left side behind small cover) & try again, most likely its failing.
      Is it possible to install a HD from another system?

      Comment

      • copier tech
        Field Supervisor
        5,000+ Posts
        • Jan 2014
        • 7727

        #4
        Re: Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

        Originally posted by rocky_biskit
        Is it possible to install a HD from another system?
        Yes that should be fine may need to format & delete any partitions.

        Comment

        • Albonline
          Service Manager
          1,000+ Posts
          • Sep 2008
          • 1056

          #5
          Re: Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

          Originally posted by rocky_biskit
          Is it possible to install a HD from another system?
          if you do when you format it let it do its thing, unit will restart many times 13 if memory serves, then it will be fine if i remember correctly it has to be a 320gig hdd.

          Comment

          • rocky_biskit
            Technician
            50+ Posts
            • Jun 2009
            • 76

            #6
            Re: Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

            Thanks guys!!! One more question. Does the system even need the HDD? Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt it just there for local storage of documents?

            Comment

            • copier tech
              Field Supervisor
              5,000+ Posts
              • Jan 2014
              • 7727

              #7
              Re: Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

              Originally posted by rocky_biskit
              Thanks guys!!! One more question. Does the system even need the HDD? Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt it just there for local storage of documents?

              Comment

              • Synthohol
                Certified Konica Expert
                Site Contributor
                5,000+ Posts
                • Mar 2016
                • 5164

                #8
                Re: Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

                it would limit the amount of pages to be scanned if just working off ram.
                plus no address book.
                We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
                The medication helps though...

                Comment

                Working...