Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Thank you and Goodbye

Thank you and Goodbye

Well that’s stumps. It’s time for me to close my innings and retire to the pavilion.
    It’s been a long innings as in January it will have been 49 years since I first signed on as an Apprentice Telecommunications Technician with the Post Master Generals Department as a 16 year old.
    I’ve been fixing photocopiers for the last 33 years, most of them with the one company. But as Dylan said “times they are a changing” and there’s not much call for an old fashioned hardware tech like me any longer. Since the company has changed brands and is heading further down the IT path to a paperless future it’s time for me to wander off into the sunset.
    I’d like to thank my fellow technicians around the world for their company and their help in solving the weird and wonderful problems that copiers can throw at you and hope I aided someone by chipping in my 2 bobs worth when they were asking for help with problem solving.
    I would also like to thank you all with keeping me entertained with your bizarre sense of humor and weird way at looking at life.
    January the 1st will be a start of a new lifestyle as I will be able to spend more time looking after my long suffering wife, Julie and be able to take a short fat dog for more walks then he really wants to do.
    Cheers and goodbye, Phil.

Me and Scruff.jpg
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Re: Thank you and Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Well that’s stumps. It’s time for me to close my innings and retire to the pavilion.
    It’s been a long innings as in January it will have been 49 years since I first signed on as an Apprentice Telecommunications Technician with the Post Master Generals Department as a 16 year old.
    I’ve been fixing photocopiers for the last 33 years, most of them with the one company. But as Dylan said “times they are a changing” and there’s not much call for an old fashioned hardware tech like me any longer. Since the company has changed brands and is heading further down the IT path to a paperless future it’s time for me to wander off into the sunset.
    I’d like to thank my fellow technicians around the world for their company and their help in solving the weird and wonderful problems that copiers can throw at you and hope I aided someone by chipping in my 2 bobs worth when they were asking for help with problem solving.
    I would also like to thank you all with keeping me entertained with your bizarre sense of humor and weird way at looking at life.
    January the 1st will be a start of a new lifestyle as I will be able to spend more time looking after my long suffering wife, Julie and be able to take a short fat dog for more walks then he really wants to do.

Me and Scruff.jpg
    Enjoy Life to the Fullest!!!....FOR US ALL!!!Thank you and GoodbyeThank you and Goodbye

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Thank you and Goodbye

Best of luck with your "new life". Enjoy it, you've earned it!

You sound very much like me. I'm right behind you! My path was a little different as I have my own business for last 20 years. Been in the business since the liquid days, over 40 yrs! Hoping to sell business and retire in a few more yrs.

Take care and check in every now and then.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Thank you and Goodbye

Like money, the technology business never sleeps.

I am glad you were able to leave on your own terms.

You will need to find a good hobby to keep your skilled hands busy!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Thank you and Goodbye

Retiring doesn't mean you have to give up CTN; I've been retired from work for 3.5 years, but I still check in for the "popcorn" threads. I believe you will enjoy your time off, I hope your wife will also enjoy your time off😉
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Good luck, would love to retire but still have mortgage to pay.

Thank you and Goodbye

Me and Scruff.jpg

Enjoy your retirement sir!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Thank you and Goodbye

Enjoy your retirement, you've earned it. Hoping you and Mrs. Lagonda have a wonderful retirement.

Like ZOOTECH I have been retired for close to 3 years but still come to CTN on a daily basis as there are still older machines out there that I know and younger techs that need help with them.

Thank you and Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Enjoy your retirement, you've earned it. Hoping you and Mrs. Lagonda have a wonderful retirement.

Like ZOOTECH I have been retired for close to 3 years but still come to CTN on a daily basis as there are still older machines out there that I know and younger techs that need help with them.
    This beats social media hands down no pictures of peoples meals on CTN!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Thank you and Goodbye

Me and Scruff.jpg

Best of Luck to you and your wife. Check in every now and then because I have always wondered what retired copier techs do after retirement.