Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub "4" series tip

Re: Bizhub "4" series tip

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I'd rather see DIRECTLY & CLEARLY what I'm looking at than not!!! I've fixed many a problem all because the previous tech(s) didn't have the light where they were looking and missed a simple critical detail!!! My favorite headlights are the USB rechargeable ones!!! Two used in rotation! While one is on my head, the other is in my van, charging whilst driving!!! If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!!!Bizhub "4" series tipBizhub "4" series tip

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Can't see myself wearing headlight in customers office but do use once in awhile in shop.

I would say my flashlight (small police style LED $45) is 2nd most used tool in my bag, with my cordless screwdriver being 1st. Used to use small Brinkman flashlight but the tiny bulbs burnt out to fast. With LED never have to replace bulb.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub "4" series tip

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Just a quick tip on something I ran into a few times in last month. If you get indentations on the pages check for built up of hard toner on the black plastic exit rollers (see attached pic).

Using genuine K/M toner
    I had a few clients that kept getting dog-earing as well on the printed pages, it was due to toner build up on these exit rollers as well. At first I thought fuser unit, I removed it to inspect it and seen the exit rollers had toner build up on them, I removed the built up toner, problem resolved.

Bizhub "4" series tip

I see a few posts about lights, back in the day, when I had great eye sight, I would just use a flash light, now that I am pushing 50, I finally had to come to the realization that I now need readers to work on machines, especially for e clips, etc. I broke down and bought this item, I love it! It has made a world of difference when needed.
    Amazon.com: Lighted Head Magnifying Glasses Visor Headset with Light Headband Magnifier Loupe Hands-Free for Close Work,Sewing,Crafts,Reading,Repair,Jewelry(1.5X to 13.0X): Health & Personal Care

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I see a few posts about lights, back in the day, when I had great eye sight, I would just use a flash light, now that I am pushing 50, I finally had to come to the realization that I now need readers to work on machines, especially for e clips, etc. I broke down and bought this item, I love it! It has made a world of difference when needed.
    Amazon.com: Lighted Head Magnifying Glasses Visor Headset with Light Headband Magnifier Loupe Hands-Free for Close Work,Sewing,Crafts,Reading,Repair,Jewelry(1.5X to 13.0X): Health & Personal Care
    Hey! Don't feel embarrassed!!! I see it as a sign of experience and precision!!! Have you ever seen a watchmaker without a magnifying loupe or directed light source? Me Neither!

YouTube

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Bizhub "4" series tip

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Hey! Don't feel embarrassed!!! I see it as a sign of experience and precision!!! Have you ever seen a watchmaker without a magnifying loupe or directed light source? Me Neither!

YouTube

Cool video, I have a friend who does this work on jewellery, has his whole garage turned into a ring and necklace making studio, just like this guy. He does it all by hand,he said it's a dying art, his work is being replaced by machines and AI.

Lights

I use a USB led light - No need for batteries as most MFPs have a usb port and I also have a battery bank (pocket size) for when the machine has no power.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub "4" series tip

Oh yea even with light I need reading glasses. I fought it for years until my arms wern't long enough anymore. Starting using them around 15 yrs ago and made a big difference. Doesn't matter how much light you have if your friggin eyes are bad you need glasses. ha-ha

I always tell myself I would rather need just reading glasses then have to wear them all the time. Reg eyesight is good, thank God.
    Last edited by copyman; 12-31-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Just wanted to add a bit to this thread. This is a common problem with the earlier 4e units that had the black rollers. The rollers were changed out to clear (white?) later on and the toner doesn't build up on these. For those that have experienced the buildup, it WILL return again.

What I've been doing is LOWERING the fuser temp by 1 notch (I believe it is -5 degrees), and have not had any further issues with toner buildup on the rollers. I also haven't had any problems with toner adhesion on the paper, so unless your customers are running thicker paper at the wrong setting (plain), you should have no issues with making this settings change.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just thought I would say, was at a customer and pulled this off the exit roller of a BH364e.

IMG_0663.JPG

KEN

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

I actually just had to clean off 3 of the 4 rollers in a C284e this past Thursday. Very low volume machine, so this uint had never gotten my fuser temp modification as this was it's first service call; crinkles on pages and noise. Lowered the temp and don't expect to see that problem again.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...