Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Toner smear,lines on prints..Help!!!

hi Guys,

Update:
    The Konica Technician visited today, confirmed failure of Drum blade,PCR(charge roller) and drum.
    he suggested for replacement of these 3 parts but iam considering to replace the entire drum unit.
    kindly suggest which would be better.

Thank you all for the support.

Regards.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Toner smear,lines on prints..Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by funkyhead View Post
    hi Guys,

Update:
    The Konica Technician visited today, confirmed failure of Drum blade,PCR(charge roller) and drum.
    he suggested for replacement of these 3 parts but iam considering to replace the entire drum unit.

Regards.

As a tech who works on this model, I would suggest replacing the drum unit with OEM part. Part number A7U40TD.
    Just my opinion, I'm sure there will be differing ones.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    As a tech who works on this model, I would suggest replacing the drum unit with OEM part. Part number A7U40TD.
    Just my opinion, I'm sure there will be differing ones.
    Thank u for ur valuable advice.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Kick him in the but* and purchase original drum UNIT. User replacement by design.
    Please consider becoming Contributor as many wonderful techs won't be here to help you and others without CTN.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Unhappy Re: Toner smear,lines on prints..Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Kick him in the but* and purchase original drum UNIT. User replacement by design.
    Please consider becoming Contributor as many wonderful techs won't be here to help you and others without CTN.
    will try the next time he visits...
    and definitely will become one as soon as my financials are sorted out.
    Thanks for the reply.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkyhead View Post
    hi Guys,

Update:

Regards.
    I would get a 2nd opinion. There's no way a drum and/or blade failure would look like this..Those thick heavy yellow lines would be completely around the drum, or you would have different spaced lines if the blade was failing..Additionally, the blade and drum are not available as individual items. I'm not sure about the "PCR" roller..2nd transfer would cause issues with all 4 colors, and if it's a transfer belt roller he's talking about, this also not available as a individual part. If he tells you that the left handed smoke sifter needs to be replaced show him the door. You can probably find a drum unit on Ebay and put this in yourself. maybe you can post the part numbers of these "parts" ...E

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Toner smear,lines on prints..Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    I would get a 2nd opinion. There's no way a drum and/or blade failure would look like this..Those thick heavy yellow lines would be completely around the drum, or you would have different spaced lines if the blade was failing..Additionally, the blade and drum are not available as individual items. I'm not sure about the "PCR" roller..2nd transfer would cause issues with all 4 colors, and if it's a transfer belt roller he's talking about, this also not available as a individual part. If he tells you that the left handed smoke sifter needs to be replaced show him the door. You can probably find a drum unit on Ebay and put this in yourself. maybe you can post the part numbers of these "parts" ...E

He never really said but I'm pretty sure the samples were fed LEF. My mistake, he did state it SEF
    Last edited by copier addict; 01-08-2020 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Correction

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Drum should be shorting PCR charge(main corotron/wire/roller) at some worn spot to see that fault at drum circumference distance.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Funkyhead- Why not swap the y & m drums and reported back? Takes under a min. Problem should change to M lines if it was the original Y drum. Any color drum can go in any position to troubleshoot. Only the K drum is chipped different.
    It's possible the tech was an independent.... guys, remember those? They may have suggested an uber cheap way of fixing it like isolating it down to the charge or cleaning roller or drum inside of the drum ctg., esp. if the tech has like 2 calls to do all day, or wants to milk the call into 2 hrs labor. I say the cost of labor doing that in the field is way more than slapping a completely r/b drum in & pitch the old one. We r/b all of our drums in the shop so we can just install quickly, at half the cost/twice the profit of OEM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, a question that may sound silly: is the toner original?
    The problem is that if you don't use it, you may have several drum failures, unusual fuser wear, transfer belt and more.

Even the drum tries to replace it with an original one. If you don't, you will initially think about saving but then you will have to pay to solve problems like this.