Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    CS 300i replacement  advice

CS 300i replacement advice

Looking for advice about a replacement machine. I deal mostly with the Ricoh product but have a customer with a Copystar CS300i, which I sold to them used, 5 years ago. In that time, they have averaged 35k/month so it now has almost 2 mil on it. Had I known they were going to be running that kind of volume I would have recommended a faster, beefier machine. That said, the copier has been the most reliable machine I've ever encountered(35 yrs. in the business)! Putting together a proposal for a replacement machine and although I usually sell/service off lease Ricoh product, I'd like to stick with a Kyocera/Copystar because of the high yields of the maintenance kits and reliability.

Wondering what the 2-3 year old off lease replacement model would be to rival the reliability of the old 300i? The customer is OK with 30 ppm, so either a 30 or 40 ppm machine will do. The majority of their volume is printing invoices so they don't need a finisher. Thanks for the input.

Technician

Re: CS 300i replacement advice

Hi
    A Kyocera 3551 would be ok provided you use genuine toner, if you could get hold of a Kyocera 3252/4052 really good m/c, long life consumables and really reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The Taskalfa 3511i might do the trick.

TASKalfa 3511i

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Looking for advice about a replacement machine. I deal mostly with the Ricoh product but have a customer with a Copystar CS300i, which I sold to them used, 5 years ago. In that time, they have averaged 35k/month so it now has almost 2 mil on it. Had I known they were going to be running that kind of volume I would have recommended a faster, beefier machine. That said, the copier has been the most reliable machine I've ever encountered(35 yrs. in the business)! Putting together a proposal for a replacement machine and although I usually sell/service off lease Ricoh product, I'd like to stick with a Kyocera/Copystar because of the high yields of the maintenance kits and reliability.

Wondering what the 2-3 year old off lease replacement model would be to rival the reliability of the old 300i? The customer is OK with 30 ppm, so either a 30 or 40 ppm machine will do. The majority of their volume is printing invoices so they don't need a finisher. Thanks for the input.
    We still have 4 out in the field with over a 1.5 mil on them, customer uses it just for printing and they pretty much run flawlessly. I second the TA-3551 or a little older TA-4501i, true workhorse that has smb2 and tls 1.2 capabilities, if needed, but no longer supported by Kyocera (AFAIK).
    Last edited by copiertec; 01-15-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    We still have 4 out in the field with over a 1.5 mil on them, customer uses it just for printing and they pretty much run flawlessly. I second the TA-3551 or a little older TA-4501i, true workhorse but has smb2 and tls 1.2 capabilities, if needed, but no longer supported by Kyocera (AFAIK).
    I like the Alphard II's also (3501i, 4501i, 5501i). Older, but reliable.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for your suggestions. Customer says they don't want color, I assume the 3551 is the color model (ci)? Any thoughts on whether the 3501i/4501i could have connectivity issues down the road, given it's age? May not be an issue because they only print to it and do not use the copier for scanning. Being that the 3501i/4501i is 5-6 yrs. old already, I'm leaning towards the 3511i only because it's newer(looking at Precision Roller's model home page for introduction year, etc.).

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Like copiertec said, you may have issues with scan to email SSL3 or SMB, but everything else (printing, FTP scanning, faxing) should not be an issue. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks again for your advice, appreciate all the input. Going to see what's available with low mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Thanks again for your advice, appreciate all the input. Going to see what's available with low mileage.
    Let us know what you buy. Being they are just printing to it, Either one (3511 or the 3501-5501i) are all good choices for solid reliability.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Looking to possibly purchase a 3511i but it has this message: EXTENDED SECURITY COPY DISABLED

Not sure what that means, will it cause a problem with access? How to eliminate?

Thanks