Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    different networks

Re: different networks

Sounds like its an "IT person" issue to me,
    if it was me i would manually add the printer on a pc onsite and see if i can print.
    and if that doesnt work get your laptop out and try printing withe the network cable straight into it and see if that works.

If either of these work its down to there IT, nothing wrong with the machine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Trying to install a Biz c3350i onto a network, PC has IP ***.***.132.** copier has IP ***.***.133.** cant get the PC to print, or talk to the copier, have turned off IP filtering ,so can at least connect to Pagescope. Have never dealt with anything like this before, have always had PC/copier on same IP range. the small "home size" printers that are coming out are all printing. We installed a Biz 4020i and it printed straight away.....any ideas please
    Try putting copier on DHCP and see what it picks up (then ping it). Is copier FW OK? What type of network?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Compare the rest of the IP information on a PC (ipconfig /all) and make sure it agrees with the copier's information. My initial guess is the customer is using a /23 network which gives you an IP range from xxx.xxx.132.xxx to xxx.xxx.133.xxx. For this type of network, the subnet mask should be 255.255.254.0.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    different networks

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Trying to install a Biz c3350i onto a network, PC has IP ***.***.132.** copier has IP ***.***.133.** cant get the PC to print, or talk to the copier, have turned off IP filtering ,so can at least connect to Pagescope. Have never dealt with anything like this before, have always had PC/copier on same IP range. the small "home size" printers that are coming out are all printing. We installed a Biz 4020i and it printed straight away.....any ideas please
    Very common in a large corporate office. If both are on different physical networks connected through a router there is no problem. Otherwise the sub net mask needs to be 255.255.0.0.

I have had accounts where all the printers were on a different sub net than the PC. I had a school district with 6 campuses and the district office. Each one had a different sub net.

Get with there IT, have them provide YOU with the correct ipaddress, subnet and gateway and dns information.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffers01 View Post
    Sounds like its an "IT person" issue to me,
    if it was me i would manually add the printer on a pc onsite and see if i can print.
    and if that doesnt work get your laptop out and try printing withe the network cable straight into it and see if that works.

If either of these work its down to there IT, nothing wrong with the machine.
    we tried to add it manually....we don't have "Authorisation", i know it works, as it was tested before it was delivered.

We phoned their IT on site, they were going to phone us "back in 5 minutes", waited 40 and then left, waiting for them to contact us.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
    Try putting copier on DHCP and see what it picks up (then ping it). Is copier FW OK? What type of network?

we put it on DHCP and it pick up the IP it was assigned, it has the latest FW, all machines are updated on set up
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Finally got it sorted, it appeared to be either the way it was installed on the network, or the universal drivers, i went to site where their IT remoted in and installed it using the drivers we'd previously downloaded.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    different networks

Cool Re: different networks

Glad you got it fixed but no real suprise if they used Universal drivers

Never a good option in my own opinion