Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: c3002 locked up

Technician

c3002 locked up

I created a post on this a couple of days ago but it never appeared (?) so I'll try again.
    C3002, working fine. Then it stops scanning/sending to emails. Found out Internet provider changed their security protocols and now required SSL. As this required a certificate in the C3002 I initiated a certificate download via WIM but nothing happened.

Next time I try to log in via WIM it doesn't work. The ip address doesn't exist, can't ping it or telnet it. Searching the 'net indicated that if the Network Security Level is set to Custom it can lock out the http. Checked via the panel and it is set to Custom but when I try to change it I'm told I don't have access to it. The login button on the panel beeps twice when I press it but there's no login box available, so I can't enter any password.

Tried a factory reset via the panel keys but while it says it has been reset nothing appears to have changed.

My only access is via SP, but after reading through the service manual I can't find any codes that appear to cover this situation, and nothing referring to the Security Levels.

Any ideas, anyone? I'm perplexed, to say the least.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: c3002 locked up

First thing I would check is IPsec and IEEE in the Network setting. Did one get turned on when you cerated the certificate? Most likely IPsec.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Make sure the 802.11x option is not turned on. Some turn it on thinking it has something to do with wireless but it is actually for Kerberos authentication via a RADIUS server. If that is on it basically renders network communication impossible on a 'normal' network.

Try accessing the WIM as an https site. Sometimes after installing a certificate the machine switches to SSL for all communication.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    c3002 locked up

My guess is that you tried to install/create a device certificate. Clear network settings using SP 5801-010 and 011. This will clear the device certificate. zed255's advice to try accessing the WIM as an https site may also allow you to get into WIM and delete the device certificate.

As for the scan to email, the C3002 site certificate has probably expired. Attached is an old Knowledge Base article on installing a site certificate. It is for older models that did not come with a site certificate installed but is still applicable when a certificate expires. The procedure is still the same but the Certificate Authority and Name may have changed in your browser. I use Firefox and can tell you the Google Internet Authority is now under GlobalSign.

How do I setup SMTP over SSL on a Ricoh Family group device.pdf

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    c3002 locked up

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    I created a post on this a couple of days ago but it never appeared (?) so I'll try again.
    C3002, working fine. Then it stops scanning/sending to emails. Found out Internet provider changed their security protocols and now required SSL. As this required a certificate in the C3002 I initiated a certificate download via WIM but nothing happened.

Next time I try to log in via WIM it doesn't work. The ip address doesn't exist, can't ping it or telnet it. Searching the 'net indicated that if the Network Security Level is set to Custom it can lock out the http. Checked via the panel and it is set to Custom but when I try to change it I'm told I don't have access to it. The login button on the panel beeps twice when I press it but there's no login box available, so I can't enter any password.

Tried a factory reset via the panel keys but while it says it has been reset nothing appears to have changed.

My only access is via SP, but after reading through the service manual I can't find any codes that appear to cover this situation, and nothing referring to the Security Levels.

Any ideas, anyone? I'm perplexed, to say the least.
    Turn on DHCP let the C3002 pick up the net details & try a scan again.

If that fails update the firmware.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Thanks folks, you've given me a few things to check (although I still don't understand why the "login" button appears to be locked out). I'll be returning tomorrow so I'll study these suggestions before I go.

Slimslob, thanks for the .pdf, it makes the whole process much clearer. Btw, I like your avatar (I like cats and guns myself ).

Didn't the '02 series require a firmware update to enable SMB V2.0/3.0?
    Perhaps start by updating the firmware and under the SMB settings (either via the WIM or the panel) see if you can select the appropriate version.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    c3002 locked up

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Didn't the '02 series require a firmware update to enable SMB V2.0/3.0?
    Perhaps start by updating the firmware and under the SMB settings (either via the WIM or the panel) see if you can select the appropriate version.
    Nice try but the problem dikman was having was with scan to email not scan to folder. Totally different ball of wax. Your a good tech. I have seen a lot of good advice from you. Just make sure you are answering the right question.

Technician

And arguably my biggest problem is being locked out, as until I can clear that I can't make any changes.
    I'll find out today.........

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    And arguably my biggest problem is being locked out, as until I can clear that I can't make any changes.
    I'll find out today.........
    Any Changes from the customer's router settings from their end? Have you tried assigning a NEW IP address to the machine that is available on the network?

You've said now that you are not able to ping to the machine. Can you still print?
    If it works, don't touch it.