Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Bizhub C368 fuser noise

Hi guys, here I am asking you for advice.
    I have a bizhub C368 with a noise that I think comes from the fuser. It seems to me a metallic friction. I tried using grease for the gears but it didn't help much. The noise is heard more when there is a print in progress, during the heating phases it is milder.

However, the fuser has only 100k but I have read some problems on this series. The material of the bearing (Non-supply part) holding the heating roller in the Fusing Unit 230V has been changed from "PPS + GF" to "PPS".

I will order a new fuser but maybe some of you know a trick.

Thanks in advance!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C368 fuser noise

Re: Bizhub C368 fuser noise

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi guys, here I am asking you for advice.
    I have a bizhub C368 with a noise that I think comes from the fuser. It seems to me a metallic friction. I tried using grease for the gears but it didn't help much. The noise is heard more when there is a print in progress, during the heating phases it is milder.

However, the fuser has only 100k but I have read some problems on this series. The material of the bearing (Non-supply part) holding the heating roller in the Fusing Unit 230V has been changed from "PPS + GF" to "PPS".

I will order a new fuser but maybe some of you know a trick.

Thanks in advance!

There is a bulletin concerning this noise. You are correct, it has to do with bearings.
    The easiest thing to do is claim it on the YPP (yield protection program) and just get it replaced. The warranty is pro-rated based on the number of pages through it. Print the management list and counter list.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C368 fuser noise

I've been just using a couple drops of tru-flo oil in all 4 bearings and the 2 bushings for the oil roller and the noise goes away after 100 pages.
    The trick is to drip it in while the bearings are hot. You see it soak right in and makes a big difference.
    If that won't work then yes I replace the fuser under YPP.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Hello guys,
    here is an update: I replaced the fuser and apparently the problem seemed to be solved. After 5 minutes, the noise reappeared.
    So, unfortunately, it is not the fuser but it has to do with it. The creak is heard for a second as soon as the fuser starts heating when it is about to print and during the printing phase. I also tried to fatten the two gears:
    Fixiereinheit.jpg

With a Load Check I was able to find the squeak by setting "45 - 1". It starts the M3 motor, the fusing motor.
    But I have not been able to understand where to try to lubricate to make the noise disappear or if I should replace the piece.
    Any suggestions? Thank you guys

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Hmmm Bix, two fusers in a row. Unlikely I think. Could you test fusers in another machine?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Hi tsbservice, thanks for your feedback!
    Unfortunately, I have no way of trying it on other MFPs right now.
    The bizhub C308 has only about 100k, but a fuser that failed earlier than expected has happened to me several times so I replaced it with a new one that also has a new code with improvements. The noise is the same and at the same point, so I don't think the second new fuser is also defective.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Sorry Bix if I was unclear. My feelings are also that root cause of the noise is this machine alone.
    Maybe slightly bend fuser bed during machine production.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

service technician 50+ Posts

if it has the same drive assembly as the "e" series you will need to access that and check the bushing for wear or the clutches.

Any advice for me is gold, thank you my friend!
    Yes, it is very likely that it is a printer problem. I have followed this since the day of installation and only now it has started to give this problem.

Being a metallic problem, lubrication is very likely to be sufficient. I just have to understand where but unfortunately it is always annoying to disassemble an MFP that works and only has a noise

@K-3 do you mean the group that spins the fuser gear?thx

service technician 50+ Posts

yes on the "e" series it is a pain to get the assembly out, but have had bushing and clutches make squealing noise, just follow the manual or try and get lubrication to that unit.