Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP Designjet T2500 T1500 T920 "stacker full" error

The printer gives "Stacker full" error.

The stacker jam sensor test failed,

The manual shows two switches in the "stacker parts front", which one is the jam sensor? Are they both the same? the line in the manual points only toward the left sensor.

Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP Designjet T2500 T1500 T920 "stacker full" error

You've already posted this once and received an answer from the best plotter tech on CTN. Why are you creating another post???

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I asked about this issue because I wasn't sure which sensor does what exactly. Apparently there may be NO REDI sensor; HP removed it at one point, and the firmware was changed to not look for it. So you're after the two opto sensors in the front of the stacker. You can test each with the stacker jam sensor test and the capacity sensor test.

I'm also told that HP has seen several stacker full errors due to a defective engine PCA. So if you replace the sensor(s) and still have the issue, look at replacing the engine PCA.

Kiran

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    I asked about this issue because I wasn't sure which sensor does what exactly. Apparently there may be NO REDI sensor; HP removed it at one point, and the firmware was changed to not look for it. So you're after the two opto sensors in the front of the stacker. You can test each with the stacker jam sensor test and the capacity sensor test.

I'm also told that HP has seen several stacker full errors due to a defective engine PCA. So if you replace the sensor(s) and still have the issue, look at replacing the engine PCA.

Kiran
    Thanks for your input. Unfortunately the manual doesn't specify which one is which so I replace both of them, so far it is working.
    For the 89.3 I replace the valve motor (the one on the right facing the printer), it looks like this is fixed too.

Thanks again