Why Windows 10X is a big deal

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Why Windows 10X is a big deal

Thanks for that education.

I am right now into learning about video conferencing because in Sales we are no longer able to meet many customers in person.

I use TeamViewer a lot but video conferencing via Zoom.us is a new skill in high demand right now.

Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing - Zoom

If you are able to limit your sessions to 40 minutes, this online service is free.

Also, I am hearing a lot of buzz about Microsoft Teams. My employer will soon force that upon me so another skill to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Thanks for that education.

I am right now into learning about video conferencing because in Sales we are no longer able to meet many customers in person.

I use TeamViewer a lot but video conferencing via Zoom.us is a new skill in high demand right now.

Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing - Zoom

If you are able to limit your sessions to 40 minutes, this online service is free.

Also, I am hearing a lot of buzz about Microsoft Teams. My employer will soon force that upon me so another skill to learn.
    You can try zoho I use them for remotes its free or they a a paid option
    The remotes do not download a program that installs on pc or Mac its a one time remote.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

So the difference between TeamViewer and Video Conferencing, is with TeamViewer I can take control of the other persons computer and move their mouse to load a print driver or configure a Web Browser.

With TeamViewer, I can do a presentation, share a screen and maybe talk on my cellphone while doing a PowerPoint presentation for a sales pitch.

With Zoom/Zoho, the participants can see each other and share a PowerPoint but I do not have control of their mouse on their PC.

Correct?

As it happens I pay for a full version of TeamViewer ($500.00 year( and it does include Video Conferencing.

I am more interested in my Sales teams being able to video conference at the drop of a hat for close to free.

Do it like the gamers using Discord. Been using it to chat with friends.

Discord — Free Voice and Text Chat for Gamers
    Whatever

I use Discord to chat with friends too and I can vouch for itws validity as well. It is extremely unique and made for gamers who dont want much of their cpu usage going away in communicating. This especially comes in handy when you are playing games that require CPU and GPU acceleration like dark souls. Dark souls is a great game with a great community around it as well.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
    I use Discord to chat with friends too and I can vouch for itws validity as well. It is extremely unique and made for gamers who dont want much of their cpu usage going away in communicating. This especially comes in handy when you are playing games that require CPU and GPU acceleration like dark souls. Dark souls is a great game with a great community around it as well.
    My daughter is a Computer Science Professor at Cal State University Bakersfield. Discord is one of the services that they use.