Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Copier Sales People = SCUM

Re: Copier Sales People = SCUM

1-2 cases per month of paper means there are monthly peaks of up to 10,000 pages per month with an average of 7,500 pages per month.

Let's assume the customer expects to keep the copier for 60 months. 60x 7,500 = 450,000 pages

For $2,500.00, I will assume the customer purchased a new A4 copier or maybe a used A3 copier.

If an A4 copier we can assume the black cpc will be around $0.0150 = Total cost of ownership $2,500.00 + $6,750.00 = $9,250.00

If a used A3 copier, still around the same Total Cost of ownership. A used A3 copier has a dealer cost of under $1k while a new A4 copier over $1k.

The new A4 copier will likely be worn it before it reaches 450k. The used A3 copier, we do not know the start meter read.

Still not enough information to know if this customers was given the best choice for this volume but I suspect the customer bought on price and did not consider his true needs.

Myself, I would have quoted a new Toshiba eStudio 3518A at 35 cpm A3 black only with a CPC of $0.0090. Assuming RADF/ 2 paper tray/ stand/ fax $5,600.00 or around $117.00 per month on a 60 month FMV lease.

The customer would be very happy with the quality, reliability and feature set of the copier for the entire 60 month term.

... and yes around 48 months, I would start calling on them to upgrade their copier.

TCO ($117.00 x 60) + ($0.0090 x 7,500 x 60) = $11,070.00 .

As it is the customer's responsibility and expense to return the 80 cpm to the leasing company, not knowing the destination, I would have to add another $500.00 to my cost and proposal and taken care of all of the paperwork for the customer with pickup by a professional moving company.

It appears that Copyman walked in, maybe sold (what Sales Scum he is) the wrong gear and left the customer to deal with on their own a hand grenade with the leasing company.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    1-2 cases per month of paper means there are monthly peaks of up to 10,000 pages per month with an average of 7,500 pages per month.

Let's assume the customer expects to keep the copier for 60 months. 60x 7,500 = 450,000 pages

For $2,500.00, I will assume the customer purchased a new A4 copier or maybe a used A3 copier.

If an A4 copier we can assume the black cpc will be around $0.0150 = Total cost of ownership $2,500.00 + $6,750.00 = $9,250.00

If a used A3 copier, still around the same Total Cost of ownership. A used A3 copier has a dealer cost of under $1k while a new A4 copier over $1k.

The new A4 copier will likely be worn it before it reaches 450k. The used A3 copier, we do not know the start meter read.

Still not enough information to know if this customers was given the best choice for this volume but I suspect the customer bought on price and did not consider his true needs.

Myself, I would have quoted a new Toshiba eStudio 3518A at 35 cpm A3 black only with a CPC of $0.0090. Assuming RADF/ 2 paper tray/ stand/ fax $5,600.00 or around $117.00 per month on a 60 month FMV lease.

The customer would be very happy with the quality, reliability and feature set of the copier for the entire 60 month term.

... and yes around 48 months, I would start calling on them to upgrade their copier.

TCO ($117.00 x 60) + ($0.0090 x 7,500 x 60) = $11,070.00 .

As it is the customer's responsibility and expense to return the 80 cpm to the leasing company, not knowing the destination, I would have to add another $500.00 to my cost and proposal and taken care of all of the paperwork for the customer with pickup by a professional moving company.

It appears that Copyman walked in, maybe sold (what Sales Scum he is) the wrong gear and left the customer to deal with on their own a hand grenade with the leasing company.
    Not to mention that the amount of paper they are using now is no indication of what they were doing 4 or 5 years ago. A good example would be the print shop at Taft City Schools. At the time I retired 3 years ago, they had 2 Ricoh production machines. They bought paper by the truck load, either 90 or 100 pallets. Right now all schools are shutdown and students are doing home schooling, no daily handouts. The print shop is now shutdown until this summer when they will start their production of what the teachers expect to need for the first month of classes this fall, assuming that there will be classes this fall.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    there is also a flip side of this...

what about the tech's that waste hours at a customer site, didn't research the problem one bit. Didn't bring parts.. left the unit down.. left screws out of it... doesn't return BUT hands them a bill for the "work" they didn't finish?

MORAL: there are SCUMBAGS in every field, it is NOT the TITLE of the position but rather the PERSON HIM/HER SELF.

GET THE FUCK OVER IT AND GET ON WITH YOUR SIDE OF THE FUNCTION!

FUCK YOU TOO! Who do you think you are. Nothing was directed to you unless you are a scumbag sales person! I was making a comment after visiting a new customer. Sorry it wasn't politics that you could fight about. But typical Phil he will find something to fight about!

Shows how little you know about being a tech. Sorry dude you want to make it personal then I have to say it, I've read many of your replies and most are negative, fighting, etc. Why not put that energy into helping fellow techs!
    Is it you who shows up without parts, leaves screws out, etc, feel guilty?

There is NO comparison between technicians and salespeople, NONE!

Could Phil = Saleserviceguy??? Hmmmm sure starting to look that way.

Like I said there are just a few dickheads on this forum (probably the same person) that are here just to stir things up and hurt this forum!

Now don't forget to take a reputation card away hahahahaha!!!!
    Last edited by copyman; 03-20-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    FUCK YOU TOO! Who do you think you are. Nothing was directed to you unless you are a scumbag sales person! I was making a comment after visiting a new customer. Sorry it wasn't politics that you could fight about. But typical Phil he will find something to fight about!

Shows how little you know about being a tech. Sorry dude you want to make it personal then I have to say it, I've read many of your replies and most are negative, fighting, etc. Why not put that energy into helping fellow techs!
    Is it you who shows up without parts, leaves screws out, etc, feel guilty?

There is NO comparison between technicians and salespeople, NONE!

Could Phil = Saleserviceguy??? Hmmmm sure starting to look that way.

Like I said there are just a few dickheads on this forum (probably the same person) that are here just to stir things up and hurt this forum!

Now don't forget to take a reputation card away hahahahaha!!!!
    Hey asshole.. if you remember just before this and throwing a hissy about POLITICS..tou messaged ME about how BSM2 was throwing reds at you..
    I gave you MY advise on how to handle it.
    YOU DIDN'T.
    Then you created these lame ass threads to show your ass.
    Lastly.. I didn't mention you or copy your comment in my last comment in the thread.
    GUILTY MUCH ?
    NOW here's my GROW THE FUCK UP TO -= YOU=-
    FUCK YOU ... GROW A SET.. GROW THE FUCK UP.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Phil B.;1376636]Hey asshole.. if you remember just before this and throwing a hissy about POLITICS..tou messaged ME about how BSM2 was throwing reds at you..
    YOU DIDN'T.
    Lastly.. I didn't mention you or copy your comment in my last comment in the thread.
    GUILTY MUCH ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yeah I remember, you are probably bsm2 just one of your other alter ego's. Now added you to your other 4 names I have blocked.

By the way if you are ever going to be in NJ PM me and I will meet you and show you if I have a set of balls! See how tough you are away from a keyboard.... Let me know

Unfortunately "good" copier reps are the guys that only think in terms of commissions.
    Dead honest guys gets pushed out real quick. Unless you are real good and work with integrity.

Not selling the right thing just for some commissions.
    Or straight out lying to customers.

I caused a world of shit for myself with one rep.
    Caught him selling the account tracking function that comes standard with KonMin machines.
    Same guy also selling management solutions to a small company with only 2 machines.

So i told the customer they should not pay for that, and ask the company owner whats up with this.
    He was not aware of this and the rep got burnt bad, threaten to take me to court as the company he sold it to did take him on.

Other guy try to push of refurbished machines as out of the box..

Sales guys also have it tough, i struggle sometimes with things i sell and then question afterwards.
    I always try to make sure that all the deals i do are fully mutual.
    Last edited by allan; 03-20-2020 at 11:55 PM.
    Whatever

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=copyman;1376655]
    Hey asshole.. if you remember just before this and throwing a hissy about POLITICS..tou messaged ME about how BSM2 was throwing reds at you..
    YOU DIDN'T.
    GUILTY MUCH ?

Yeah I remember, you are probably bsm2 just one of your other alter ego's. Now added you to your other 4 names I have blocked.

By the way if you are ever going to be in NJ PM me and I will meet you and show you if I have a set of balls! See how tough you are away from a keyboard.... Let me know

It's starting to look like you and Phil are the same person. Both like to insult perfect strangers and fly off the handle at the drop of a hat.
    Both of you need to become adults.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=copyman;1376655]
    YOU DIDN'T.
    GUILTY MUCH ?

I don't travel to shithole stste
    Show your tiny johnson a good time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Seems customers complaining about their leases are a dime a dozen, especially in the last 1-2 months before the end. Complain about the service the machine itself, the amout they have to pay to send it back, the buy out, ect,ect,ect. Have seen machines that are 50 cpm full color with total copy counts of 100,000 with 20 K color run on them, but the have been paying 375.00 a month for 4 years!, 18K, then the buy out. But, in the end it falls on the customer, they reviewed and signed the lease, not the sales man. On things like this there are to many variables to point fingers. Like they say 1 on these or a half a dozen of the others!

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Seems customers complaining about their leases are a dime a dozen, especially in the last 1-2 months before the end. Complain about the service the machine itself, the amout they have to pay to send it back, the buy out, ect,ect,ect. Have seen machines that are 50 cpm full color with total copy counts of 100,000 with 20 K color run on them, but the have been paying 375.00 a month for 4 years!, 18K, then the buy out. But, in the end it falls on the customer, they reviewed and signed the lease, not the sales man. On things like this there are to many variables to point fingers. Like they say 1 on these or a half a dozen of the others!
    It's wrong anyway you shake it. Of course over the years I've heard customer complaints about leases. But this was so wrong I had to post it.

Feel sorry for the customer but more for the salesman. Doing this to someone has a funny way of coming back to you. They will pay the price some way somehow!