Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IMC300 DF skew

IMC300 DF skew

We unboxed our first 2 IMC300. During check out we noticed that the front side being fed thru the DF has a noticeable skew, around 2mm on all sides. The back side is fine, so the paper traveling thru the DF is square. It seems to be the way the DF is setting on the machine. According to Ricoh, there is a 2.5 mm spec for skew. I don't think that is going to fly with most customers. Has anyone else seen this? If so, what measures have you tried? TY

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: IMC300 DF skew

Hi there!
    Is the DF on these boxes the same clumsy one as on MPC307 / MP402 ?
    I had a similar problem on a brand new GIMLET - guess what - the screws (all 4 !!!) of the 2 hinges were loose.
    Hope this helps.
    Greetings...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Same here with a brand new imc 300. Back in the day when customers use to lean on the left side of the doc feeder the of scanner unit would bend down and you would get skewed copies with a line on the trail end. Looks like this is happening in transit minus the trail end line. Grab the left operator side of the scanner and lift it up.

Good luck

Yes this feeder looks very similar to the C307. We thought of the hinge screws, but these were not loose. We even took a dremel to the holes in the hinges to try adjusting the way the feeder sets on the base unit. I to wondered about lifting the left side of the scanner. I was hesitant to do this on a brand new machine. Both of ours are now in the field so it be awhile before we get to try that.