Technician

P3015 13.05.00 feeds blank sheet prematurely, from both trays. not solenoid

Hi. Anyone run into 13.05.00 jam in P3015 where first sheet with print stops about 3/4 out of fuser, with another blank sheet about to enter the fuser?
    This happens from both MP tray and tray 2. I replaced fuser, checked two registration sensors with manual test, and even checked MP tray solenoid to see if it was sticking. So what is firing that extra sheet too soon? Or causing that to happen?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: P3015 13.05.00 feeds blank sheet prematurely, from both trays. not solenoid

I've had to replace the tray 2 solenoid on those things a couple of times in the past. It didn't seem sticky, just bad.

How are your feed rollers and sep pads? Worn?
    Are you sure that there isn't a little spring that has come off one of the registration feelers?
    If possible, try swapping that registration assembly.
    Is your paper size set correctly?
    Omertà

Thinking more, I've also seen where the rear guide in the paper tray being pushed a bit to far forward can cause the paper to feed just a hair late because it got hung up on the sep pad assembly.

Technician

Angry Re: P3015 13.05.00 feeds blank sheet prematurely, from both trays. not solenoid

Thanks. It was a bad toner! They didn't have one on hand at the time. SO THEY SAID. So I went through the hassle of borrowing one and it solved the issue AND they actually did have one on hand. grrrr

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    I've had to replace the tray 2 solenoid on those things a couple of times in the past. It didn't seem sticky, just bad.
    Great info I have a lot of them to look after. Thank you for that knowledge. I have never done one on this model. It looks very involved!

It looks very involved!
    It is quite involved. If I remember, you get to a point where you think you can eek it out (like on the 42xx series), but, you really can't. Gotta keep taking parts off. Thanks HP!

Technician

Ive seen this before. Its usually the tray 2 solenoid being sticky. I would remove the solenoid, remove the sticky pad. Then wrap electrical tape where the pad would go. It could also be the pickup assembly (
    RM1-6268). But the pickup assembly is quite a job. make this you're last choice.

tray-2-pick-up-assembly-removal-and-replacement.pdftray-2-pick-up-assembly-removal-and-replacement.pdf