Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Copier Technicians are "Front Liners"

You know I have MANY close friends that repair COPIERS and PRINTERS. A lot have had to slow down cause of this Covid shit. Some work at hospitals and are fiercely fighting the good fight.
    What I'm saying is, I'm with you as you continue working hard on the front lines. God knows some people dislike copiers cause they break down, so they take it out on us. We understand, we laugh at the old jokes. You should get an office here.. Can I make a copy? when you have it all torn apart and strung out on the floor.
    I just want to say Thank You! You are definitely unsung heroes., to me. I've been thinking about posting this since the out break, so...

#copiers #printers #newyorkcopiertechnicians
    #photocopiers #copiertechnicians #copytechnet #smarka
    Izzy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: Copier Technicians are "Front Liners"

Thanks, it's the first time I've heard someone say it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I wouldn't consider a copier technician a frontline worker unless doing service in hospitals, labs, etc. I personally wouldn't go into a hospital or doctors office at this poist so guess I'm not a frontline worker. I've done service calls for companies that are open and support frontline workers but take all precautions, gloves mask, wipe control panel down with Lysol wipes, etc. A copier control panel is like a petri dish of germs!

Take care and be safe everyone.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I wouldn't consider a copier technician a frontline worker unless doing service in hospitals, labs, etc. I personally wouldn't go into a hospital or doctors office at this poist so guess I'm not a frontline worker. I've done service calls for companies that are open and support frontline workers but take all precautions, gloves mask, wipe control panel down with Lysol wipes, etc. A copier control panel is like a petri dish of germs!

FWIW!!!Copier Technicians are "Front Liners"

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Additionally...

YouTube

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Hell yeah we are!! Most of us anyway.
    I service hospitals/ old folks homes/ and meat packing plants in my region.
    Haven't had a day off (except for 5 days that I took off for vacation) since this started. Granted, we have had some pretty slow days/ weeks during all of this.
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post

Hell yeah we are!! Most of us anyway.
    I service hospitals/ old folks homes/ and meat packing plants in my region.
    Haven't had a day off (except for 5 days that I took off for vacation) since this started. Granted, we have had some pretty slow days/ weeks during all of this.
    Hopefully not any chicken processing plants!!!Copier Technicians are "Front Liners"Copier Technicians are "Front Liners"

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Hopefully not any chicken processing plants!!!Copier Technicians are "Front Liners"Copier Technicians are "Front Liners"

Yes, I service One Chicken Plucking Plant. Not too bad of a place though. A little "sketched out" when I have to go there, they've had 11 deaths at the one i service.
    Omertà

When you are told that stay at home is not a choice for you, and you either work or get fired, then I consider you a front line worker. My guys have been working hospitals, jails, ACLUs, and everything else that was also told to remain open. They have less protection than what is provided to medical staff, yet they are just as exposed to someone showing or not showing symptoms and are just as much at risk then the "media defined" front line workers. If you are in the service business then you really need to thank your crew as they probably are the ones that kept the company from folding. E

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Agree with above. I am not comparing techs with emergency and hospital staff, that is a level all together different, but I am out and about in the worst hit area in the province of Ontario. I figured as much as this is a heavily traveled to and from destination with a diverse population. Most people still working usually have one location and can follow set protocols. Those of us involved with on site service have to hit many different places, with various conditions and a larger pool of idiots, increasing chances of exposure to a great degree.