Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC 899

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

Re: SC 899

sometimes it is necessary format the HDD

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SC 899

There was a Custom firmware released 5/27/2014 - PCL_LR0005_v1.03.1_SDcard that addresses SC899. Check to see if this is loaded on the MFP, if not, install it.
    But also, i will have to echo everyone else and say that it's usually one person trying to print something from the web. You have to track down that computer, clear the queue and possibly reboot machine.
    MAKE SURE THEY ARE USING THE CORRECT DRIVERS!! PCL 6 preferably. Universal drivers are hit and miss. If it has the PCL6 V4, GET RID OF IT! and install a normal PCL 6.
    Also make sure that it's using a TCP/IP port and not the WSD port.
    Omertà

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SC 899

It's almost always due to a print job that the copier can't process.

Turning on User Codes for PRINT will wipe out the print job, unless they are already using User Codes. It reads the User Code first thing before accepting the rest of the job. If it isn't there it will delete the print job without reading the actual data stream.

If they are using User Codes already, then you'll have to do the paper tray fix suggested earlier. Once you're able to see the actual print job on the touchscreen, you have to go to the P/C that sent it & delete the job from the print que.

I have also had Sc899 codes caused by the Fax option. The one that sticks out in my mind was on a C5000 that didn't even use the Fax function. I had to unseat the Fax board to get it to quit throwing the Sc899. The difference on that particular machine was that it would throw the Sc899 before the data light would start blinking.