Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

This machine has been doing this off and on and will stop doing it for months and then start doing it again. It is very sporadic and usually only does it once or twice a day or usually only a couple of times a week. Kind of looks like high voltage shorting out for a second and we put a new kit in it not too long ago, it did it before and after the kit. I have attached an example of it and paper is traveling in direction of the arrow I put on the sheet, we told the customer it is hard to diagnose if it only does it a few times a week.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    This machine has been doing this off and on and will stop doing it for months and then start doing it again. It is very sporadic and usually only does it once or twice a day or usually only a couple of times a week. Kind of looks like high voltage shorting out for a second and we put a new kit in it not too long ago, it did it before and after the kit. I have attached an example of it and paper is traveling in direction of the arrow I put on the sheet, we told the customer it is hard to diagnose if it only does it a few times a week.
    so a halfstop test... is the mark on the drum?

if no do another and let it get to the fuser.. is it there.

diagnose from that point.

Before doing this clean the machine completely.. also check transfer roller

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so a halfstop test... is the mark on the drum?

if no do another and let it get to the fuser.. is it there.

diagnose from that point.

Before doing this clean the machine completely.. also check transfer roller
    Problem with that is it only does it once a day, maybe, so we have no idea when it's good to do it. The machine has been completely cleaned when we put a brand new maintenance kit in it and it did it before and after the kit was installed. The machine night make 5 of these a week at random times of the day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does it do it during the copying process or printing process or both? This looks like a copy...and if it is, is it on the glass or through the doc feed???

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Is it the latest firmware?
    TASKalfa_7002i_...2020-02-10)
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

replace the transfer belt, The kyocera rep that Handels Wisconsin and Illinois gave a webinar on trouble shooting with a sample like that
    and it was the transfer belt.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Tough problem at this rate. I would think also high voltage sparked intermittently.

P.S
    I like also your post count vs rep power and good quality scan sample
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

If you look at the sample you provided, the black stripe has a margin, it does not go to the edge of the page. That tells me this is a scan issue and not a print engine problem. If it was a print engine issue it would extend to the edge of the page, since you have the margin it is caused by a scan issue. Thoroughly clean the optics. It is probably a "dust bunny" that gets in the way of the optics path on occasion. Hope this helps.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    If you look at the sample you provided, the black stripe has a margin, it does not go to the edge of the page. That tells me this is a scan issue and not a print engine problem. If it was a print engine issue it would extend to the edge of the page, since you have the margin it is caused by a scan issue. Thoroughly clean the optics. It is probably a "dust bunny" that gets in the way of the optics path on occasion. Hope this helps.
    good catch!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    What I scanned was a print from a PC not a copy, if it was dirt or dust in the optics the "line" would also follow the paper path not be perpendicular with it. The black "line" will appear at random places on the page but it's always about the same size.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk