Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Moderator desperately needed!

Re: Moderator desperately needed!

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And if the techs do not click, no revenue. Ergo you and SalesServiceGuy are still wrong when you say that the presence of the ads and the number views on a given thread are what generate revenue. Review what has been said.

One other thing to remember, many people, myself included, use ad blockers and therefore never see the ads. I had it turned off for CTN for a long time but recently noticed that it was often taking multiple minutes, if ever, for forum pages to finish loading. This created a problem in that after I had read all new posts in a forum, I was having to click stop before I could click reload to see if there had been any new posts or replies to posts. For awhile I was thinking it was my builtin WiFi on my laptop was the problem since I have had to reset it a few time this month but then I noticed that Firefox was showing strange urls on the bottoms left corner. When I saw one of them was google.ad.(some thing) I turned AdBlock+ on and no more problem.
    Yeah love that software. Adblocker rocks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

And if the techs do not click, no revenue.
    Ad networks pay per impression, regardless if anyone clicks. This is the Adsense screen shot from one of my websites:

RPM.jpg

Impressions RPM = Revenue per thousand impressions. Revenue per click is a totally different metric. For 2019 one of my sites earned $842 just for pageviews.

Here's the screen shot from om Ezioc:

ePMV.jpg

ePMV = Total earnings per thousand visitors. Last month another of my sites earned $6.60 just for pageviews.

It isn't much but that's just revenue just from pageviews Obviously, more is earned when people actually click on ads, and then even more is earned through affiliate revenue. Ad blockers or not, pageviews = revenue.
    Last edited by D_L_P; 06-10-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Technician

Did you receive and reply to the Welcome letter that is automatically sent when you joined? If you haven't, check your spam and junk mail folders. Until you do reply you can not post to technical forums. If you have not replied and cannot find it, do the following:
    1. White list admin@copytechnet.com by adding it to your address book. If you are using an ISP provided email and accessing it through an email program and not directly online, you will need to do this both in the program and the ISP's webmail access.
    2. If you do not have a secondary email address create one and make sure admin@copytechnet.com is white listed.
    3. Change the email address in your forum profile to your secondary email address. This will generate a confirmation email which once you reply to it your membership will be activated.

Should that not work, you will need to create a new post in Site Feedback & Questions, you should be allowed to do so, stating your problem and then wait until aneurysm gets to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by femaster View Post
    I have no idea if low post count people need moderator approval or not, it's been far too long since I was that low. If indeed that is the case, then you have fallen victim to exactly what this current thread is all about, the need of another over-lord. The only person who has the capacity to "moderate" this forum hasn't been on in over three weeks when I checked a couple days ago.

It seems that you can reply to posts that are already here, but maybe just not start a new thread? If you are in fact being moderated because of a low post count, I'd say just make a bunch of useless replies in the "TEST" section of the forum. Get your post count up to maybe 10 or 15 posts and then see if you can start a new thread without the need for moderator approval.

Best I can tell you at this point...
    It does seem that low post count triggers anti-spam measures.

I changed my e-mail, and used activation link, but it still would not let me post without moderator approval.

However I have posted enough to obtain a count of 5 posts and it worked. I am now able to post to technical forum without the need of moderator approval.

PS. Posting in "TEST" section is not increasing post count.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regex541 View Post

I changed my e-mail, and used activation link, but it still would not let me post without moderator approval.

However I have posted enough to obtain a count of 5 posts and it worked. I am now able to post to technical forum without the need of moderator approval.

Thanks for this feedback even being offtopic.
    Good luck with finding solutions for your problem.

P.S
    Maybe posting in Newbee check in section is cleverer way to increase your posts counter, good job.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regex541 View Post
    It's good to know that the TEST section doesn't increase post count. Learned a few new things today, thanks for the update!
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

If, let's say, 10 long-time active members would volunteer to moderate, then the job woulnd't need to be done by just one person taking a lot of his/her precious time; those 10 could log in once in a while, with their own timing, and check if everything was running smoothly.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    If, let's say, 10 long-time active members would volunteer to moderate, then the job woulnd't need to be done by just one person taking a lot of his/her precious time; those 10 could log in once in a while, with their own timing, and check if everything was running smoothly.

Valid suggestion but good luck finding 10 people moderating the forum in the same manner.
    Maybe IF we may clone 10 times somebody like Synthohol for mods

I like to think that most people here are respected, gentlemanlike and acknowledged by their families and friends and colleagues. Unfortunately then eventually things come to politics...and things become ugly.

Just my 2 cents..
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Valid suggestion but good luck finding 10 people moderating the forum in the same manner.
    Well, as long as there no obligation or mandatory duty, I'm up for it, if needed. So just need to find 9 more...

About politics, religion and other touchy subjects - as long as people are civilized and no personal insults are thrown, then I think everything goes (as long as it is on the Rants forum, I mean)
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Well, as long as there no obligation or mandatory duty, I'm up for it, if needed. So just need to find 9 more...

About politics, religion and other touchy subjects - as long as people are civilized and no personal insults are thrown, then I think everything goes (as long as it is on the Rants forum, I mean)
    Ditto to all of that. The ONLY reason I think a moderator(s) is(are) needed is to keep the spam cleaned up in any of the threads, NOT moderating actual discussions, especially in the anything goes area. I mean, if anything goes, how can any of it be moderated except for some MORON posting that they have a dozen phones or whatever other crap they are trying to sell? My only intention in volunteering on more than one occasion was to keep the spammers at bay, absolutley nothing else.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure some have volunteered already